Today, though, I'm back!
Last week, Russ and I took Millie Janalee for a family outing. To Target. Things are pretty exciting these days! Ha! Really, we went for a couple necessities...and I've been wanting to get Millie Janalee a fun standing toy since her latest fetish involves holding on to anything and standing. No, she can't stand or pull up on her own. No, she's not walking. She just whines to be stood up. And we do it. Suckers! She may never pull up or crawl as long as we do whatever she wants. I know, I know. But, for now, this works for us.
We found one we liked after checking out all the "bells and whistles" on each toy. We came home and put Millie Janalee straight to bed for her afternoon nap. Russ put the toy together while she slept, and I was too excited to show her the fun surprise! As soon as I heard her start babbling to her bunny lovey, I ran to the bedroom to get her. I was so excited. We got our video camera, phones, and big camera ready...
She loved it! She immediately started squealing and pushing all the buttons on the front. Then, when I stood her up to the handle, she was so smiley! It was the cutest thing. She stood very still and just smiled at us for a while. The walking toy started moving forward, and Millie Janalee stood firm in her spot. She took a step or two, but then the toy kept moving without her. She fell and hit her noggin on the floor.
(This was after me falling backwards, knocking over an end table, lamp, full diet cherry coke from Sonic, picture frames, and coaster while videoing her. Yep. You can tell from the video as you hear the commotion and get a good shot of the ceiling.)
Her fall is also on video, but it wasn't quite as funny. Bless her! From that time on, her standing position looked less smiley and more like she was holding on for dear life...
I'm not sure what the steps are for beginning walking, but I'm pretty sure standing on your tip-toes is not he best way to get your balance.
Unless you are working on your ballet. Maybe we have ourselves a baby ballerina!
Her safest option is to sit and play. Pulling the little telephone off is her favorite, and I am working with her on talking to Mama on the phone. She thinks it is SOOO funny when I hold the phone up to my ear and say, "Hello? You want to talk to Millie Janalee? Okay!" and pass her the phone. I will hold it to her ear, and she looks like she is trying hard to hear whoever is on the other side. Until she gets bored and just wants to shake it around.
We have lots of fun with our little walking toy! We have also started playing with another fun toy some. Aunt Jenny passed down a rocking cow from all three of her children. So, I think this makes the cow over 21 years old! Ha! He's in pretty good shape too. Millie Janalee can crawl over to it, and we put her up on the cow.
(No. We are not crawling with our tummy off the floor yet. I've been informed that scooting around on your belly is "crawling" and moving with belly off the floor is called "creeping.")
She can make it rock by herself, and she loves the attention. She hasn't grasped the whole idea of holding on to the handles. But her little hands have a tight grip on the material, horns, or ears. Ha!
So, that's pretty much what we're doing these days. Holding on for dear life. Literally. Russ and I are holding on to dear life as we travel and work through the month of May. We figure if we can hold on for a few more weeks, our beach vacation will be here before we know it!
And we need it! And we can't wait! (Except the packing part. I'm starting to get the packing blues. Any volunteers to come pack for us?)






No comments:
Post a Comment