Seth's Graduation

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Me and Seth
Millie Janalee and I had a full and busy Memorial Day weekend!  Thankfully, Russ was able to join us for most of it.  Friday night, our nephew Seth graduated from high school.  Sadly, Russ was working.  Seth's older brother, Will, also had to work.  'Tis the plight of hospital workers I suppose.  Most of the family gathered together to watch as Seth walked with the rest of the 100+ graduating seniors of Corinth High School.  Jenny and Jeff thought ahead and brought ribbon to rope off enough seats for the family.  I will have to mark that idea down for later!

Seth receiving his diploma
It's pretty crazy to watch Olivia and Seth graduate this year.  These two were merely 5 years old when I met them, and now they are off to start the college life.  Crazy!  I'm feeling pretty old.  Maybe this is how Russ's brother and sister felt when we graduated.  Ha!  I love the age differences between everyone on Russ's side of the family.  It makes life interesting...and provides lots of "I was only 2 years old then" moments for me!  Ha!

Our graduates - Olivia and Seth
After graduation, the entire family (totaling 15 people) marched single file down to the floor to find Seth and take a few pictures.  I'm thankful that I had my camera in the car.  I was dubbed the official family photographer of the night.  I'm used to it.  It's okay.

Seth and his girlfriend, Anna Kate
The Jimmy Johnson family with Seth
The Mansel crew (minus Will and Kristi's children)
We ended the night with an impromptu "party" at Granmomma and Pop's.  We enjoyed some of Granmomma's pound cake and visited with each other.  It was a surprise party for Pop and Granmomma.  Ha!  They had no idea we planned to gather at their house.  I hope they weren't planning on resting. 

Whew!  These graduations have really hit me with "it won't be long til Millie Janalee graduates" syndrome!  I'm hoping for a loooonnnng 18 years ahead!
post signature

No comments: