I have had Smith's birthmother on my heart so much the last couple of weeks...and even more so today. We are in fairly regular contact now, and I heard from her again today. She is struggling through this first Christmas. While we are joyful and excited, she feels anxious and sad. Struggling through her first Christmas with empty arms while mine are overflowing.
I don't know anything about what she is going through. I cannot even pretend to. But I do know the feeling of Christmases with empty arms. Arms I wanted so desperately to fill.
Christmas can be a very difficult time for birthmothers. So, even if you do not know a birthmother personally, please take just a moment over Christmas to pray for them. Pray for Smith's birthmother...and birthfather. Pray for Millie Janalee's as well.
These precious eyes, tiny noses, sweet smiles. So so many things I love about my babies came from them. Their arms are empty, and ours are full. I am so thankful. And that word even seems so inadequate.
There's an article floating around Facebook, and I just love it. I read it at the perfect time as I have prayed over Smith's birthmother today. None of our lives are perfect...and if your life is so perfect that you have no room for Jesus, then you are missing the point. "All I want for Christmas is to be broken enough to be the stable and not the inn."
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalms 147:3
Tonight, as many of Santa's elves are busy with last minute preparations, I am praying for all those celebrating a broken Christmas this year.


No comments:
Post a Comment