Seven Weeks and Christmas Cheer

Friday, December 5, 2014


Lots has happened since my last post.  Like this stud muffin is completing his seven weeks of life!  I had to go back and look at my calendar to be sure this was correct.  And it is.  We are in full December mode now...breaking out the Christmas clothes and pajamas, wrapping gifts, watching Christmas movies, and talking about Christmas lights while the babies stare at the tree.  There is so much more I plan to cover with Millie Janalee about Christmas now that she is understanding so much more.

Basically we are just full of Christmas cheer!  Even Mr. Serious is cheerful about it all...



Each day, Smith smiles more and more.  I don't know if he's secretly laughing at us or just enjoying himself.  I'm gonna venture to say it's a little bit of both.  Either way, it melts my heart to see it!  The best way to get a big smile across his face is for me to lean in and talk to him in that "mama high pitched" voice.  You know the one, I'm sure.  He grins so big and opens his mouth to make a noise or two.  We solve the world's problems in our conversations.

And then sometimes - we just like to dance...


I realized that I accidentally skipped his six week update.  I vaguely remember doing this with Millie Janalee at one point.  We were just so busy.  In week 6 and 7, Smith has traveled the 5 1/2 hours to our hometown and visited with friends and lots of family.  He celebrated his first Thanksgiving and visited Santa.  Such sweetness!  He traveled back with me and Millie Janalee on the icy roads of Missouri.  Not fun...near death experiences make for a looooonnnng drive.  Especially adding crying babies in the backseat.  But it was worth the travel for sure!


While we were visiting family, Smith decided he was a growing boy and needed more food.  So he is now taking 5 ounces every four hours.  We also added an ounce of prune juice to at least one bottle a day...making that bottle 6 ounces.  You can draw your own conclusion as to why he is on a daily regimen of prune juice.  It started when we switched his formula to Enfamil Prosobee.  But it helps his tummy so much that we will just continue what we are doing!  He is such a happier baby since the switch.  Whether it be coincidence or the formula...I don't want to try and find out at the moment.  Ha!  He is in 3 month clothes completely!  I stuffed him in a newborn gown this week for Millie Janalee's doctor visit, and his little sleeves were too short.  He is certainly growing, and I'm interested to find out how much he weighs.


I can't leave the big sister out of this post, because she has been a big sister for seven weeks now!  And she is such a good one!  Each morning, I carry her downstairs and the first thing she says is "Hey Smith!" as she runs over to talk to him.  She checks on him when he's crying, and she asks to "hold it" often.  Most days this week, we have hung around our house in pajamas snuggling and doing the daily grind things.  Ummmm...except that I haven't unpacked from our trip.  I did unpack the babies...just not myself.  There are so many other more fun things to do these days than unpack.


Like watch my babies grow and change.  It happens way too fast!


Happy Seven Weeks, sweet boy!  We love you so!
post signature

1 comment:

maureen said...

I am so glad things are working out with the formula change. Thank goodness for so many choices!

Smith is so adorable! My twin boys didn't smile until they were 12 weeks old, I was sooo worried! But now they are big smilers!! The things we Mamas find to worry about!

Merry Christmas to you all!