Thanksgiving with Russ's Side of the Family

Sunday, December 7, 2014

After an enjoyable Thanksgiving Day, my mom, sister, and I enjoyed a spa day on Friday.  Instead of Black Friday shopping.  We spent four hours being pampered with facials, massages, manicures, and pedicures.  We also enjoyed a lunch between services.  If you have never done this, I promise you it will change your life.  Ha!  Or maybe it's just us.  I'm like a dog.  I'll back up to anyone who will rub. A special thanks to my dad for keeping Millie Janalee entertained with a playground, a trip to the depot, and whatever else they did.  And thanks to Elle who kept Smith at Russ's parents' house.  Divide and conquer.  That's how I handled childcare.  Ha!

Saturday, we spent the day celebrating Thanksgiving with Russ's family.  We all missed Russ, but we had a fabulous time.  Millie Janalee especially loves all the attention from her older cousins.  She went straight to her favorite spot in the house...the tea set.  Poor Sam!  Millie Janalee begged him for tea parties all afternoon, and he was so sweet to join her.  He was also glad when Leah and Grace took over tea party duty!

Pouring her tea so carefully.
Leah and Millie Janalee having tea
Roan took Olivia around to some downtown shops to Christmas shop for her friends.  They invited me to come along.  And the men of the house graciously agreed to babysit.  Millie Janalee was in good hands with all the younger kids.  The older girls went shopping with us.  Russ's dad and brother were in charge of Smith.  It still makes me giggle a bit.  Everyone was alive when we returned and the men seemed to have been okay.

Pop and Smith
Uncle Jimmy and Smith
We arrived in time for our "second lunch" (long story) and the big game.  You know the one I'm talking about.  We won't spend much time on the subject for obvious reasons.  But while I was busy watching the game, yelling at the screen, and nearly knocking the lamp over in the sunroom...the cousins were busy keeping my children.  It's so wonderful having built in babysitters who love my babies so much!

Julie feeding Smith
Olivia enjoying her coffee after some homework and a nap.
Elle and Millie Janalee
Once the game was over, all the adults began milling about.  Seth tried out his new camera while I tried to get my children to pose for an Egg Bowl picture.  Millie Janalee had NOT had a nap all day, so we took what we could get.  Clean up began, and we began to load our belongings.

Anna Kate and Seth
Roan taking care of the big bird!
Baby Bulldogs!  Win or lose.
It's always a joy spending time with my in-laws.  Of course we all like it best when Russ is there, but I guess they settled for me.  Or maybe I was just the mode of transportation for the babies.  Haha!  Either way...I'm feeling blessed.


Happy Thanksgiving indeed!
post signature

No comments: