December 13th marked two months of sweet life for Smith! Such a bundle of joy around here. I mean just look at that grin. How adorable is he!? We had our two month checkup yesterday, and I was actually a little surprised by his stats. I have been thinking this whole time that he was getting so big! When actually, he's quite the squirt. Our new, sweet pediatrician said Smith was perfectly perfect! Of course, I already knew this. Oh, and she also gave us a few free cans of formula. Yay for us! None of her other patients are using Prosobee, so that looks good for our future as her patients. Ha!
| "Did you hear, Mr. Bear? I'm two months old!" |
- 23" long (45%)
- 11.1 pounds (18%)
- 38.7 cm head circumference (33%)
What he's up to:
- can hold his head up and starting to push up on his arms when lying on his belly...only when he's on my chest
- smiling more and more...getting to a giggle soon I think
- starting to push with his feet holding his weight for bits of time
- making more sounds and responding to us
- loves to spend time in his swing - actually prefers to nap there instead of being held {insert sad face}
- going all night without a bottle...although he does wake up a few times. But with a little help with his paci and comforting, he can go back to sleep.
- taking 5 ounces of formula every 4 hours during the day; 6 ounces when prune juice is added (2 oz a day)
- wearing 3 month clothes
- prefers to be swaddled to sleep - even his naps in the swing, we loosely wrap him in a blanket
- follows moving objects (or Mama) with his eyes
- enjoying his bath time much more than he used to
- starting to spit up more (We have LOTS of practice handling this from Millie Janalee's baby days!)
- Cute as a button!
| It's tiring being two months old! |
But for now, I am soaking in these baby moments as they pass by too fast!
Smith,
My heart overflows with love for you sweet boy! You are a precious joy, and I am so glad you are mine! I thank God everyday for your life. I don't know that I will ever let you move out of my room where I can look over in the middle of the night and see your sweet sleeping face...and listen to you breathe. My youngest angel baby right there. It's real life. This is not a dream. Your life has a perfect plan, and I pray God allows me to see it unfold! I love you so!
Happy two months!
Love,
Mama
1 comment:
Our stats were similar...with the exception of a 75%ile head. We have long skinny boys. :-) Wish Caleb was sleeping through the night but he still needs a 3 am feed. Glad to feed my boy. SUCH cute outfit and boy you have there.
Post a Comment