Fun Friday

Friday, December 11, 2009

So, one of my favorite things about Christmas is all the Christmas cards! I love seeing all the mail pile in during the holidays with pictures and wishes for the new year! It's so much fun! Most cards come in with sweet pictures of children in their smocked dresses, khakis, coordinated attire, and a beautiful background sure to make you smile.

Well...you can imagine my surprise when I opened my mail today, taking in the sweetness of each child or couple pictured in a card, and saw this:


Yes, this is my family! Normal? Never! Go ahead! Click to enlarge! Laugh away.

And, the verse on the card says, "When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy." Matthew 2:10 My question is: Are we supposed to look like we are "rejoicing exceedingly?" My mother certainly did NOT get my permission to publish this photo onto a Christmas card! I will definitely try to find a way to get back at her! Ha!

Happy Friday! Spend the day REJOICING!

post signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love everyone's expression in that picture!!

Julie said...

That is SO funny!! I love it!

Jordan said...

priceless!! i especially love your mom's expression!!

Jimbo and Rach said...

Haha! Props to Mom!

Katie Walden said...

Your mother is not rejoicing exceedingly. It looks like she's holding it all in! So funny!