Russ and I traveled back home to celebrate the long weekend since he was off Monday. We got in town very late Friday night. Russ's family planned to grill out Saturday night with the family. I always love when the whole family gets together! We are never short of conversation, laughter, and fun times! Russ's parents had a yummy spread of hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, and dessert. Roan and I both brought corn dip! Great minds think alike! But, they were two different variations at least.
After we all stuffed our face, we relaxed and visited. Guys usually head to the sun room. Us girls stayed in the dining room while the kids ran around. Olivia and Julie are getting to the age where they spend a lot of time in the room visiting with the "older girls." I still don't feel like a "woman!" Ha! We got on the subject of our adoption and home study process. For those wondering, our individual interviews are next week...so start praying! I go to Oxford on the 12th and Russ goes on the 15th. Anyway, Olivia asked what I was going to wear. She suggested I dress like a "mom." Ha! We kept on talking and had even changed the subject. I realized Jenny had been missing for a while, but I didn't know when she had gotten up or where she had gone. I took a trip the restroom and when I returned, I heard all this giggling and squealing coming from the dining room. I was called in to see what Jenny had picked out for me to wear to my interview...
She fixed that...
Yep. They've got me ready! Love all my support from the family! Ha! Of course, Russ's mom just loved the outfit and thought it looked so cute on her! I agree. Maybe Jenny will wear this to church on Wednesday. She'll need a matching pair of Keds to match.
We all had a great visit, and everyone stayed around much later than normal. I love family nights like that! We had a wonderful time at the Johnson Fourth Celebration!


1 comment:
I am laughing all over again! Does Jenny know that "YOU PUT IT ON THE BLOG?"
Ha! Ha!
Post a Comment