Life is Good at the Lake

Friday, July 29, 2011

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship

Sisters

The mate was a mighty sailing man
The skipper brave and sure
Three passengers set sail that day
For a five hour tour, a five hour tour.

Lee, our captain

Yes, I joined Kristin and Lee on their first day back in our hometown. I got a text around 9 Tuesday morning asking if I wanted to join them on the boat. Of course, I obliged! I got up, showered, packed, and left within about 45 minutes. We spent all afternoon at Pickwick on the boat Tuesday. This is how I've always loved spending my summers! A beach trip in June and summer days on the lake!

The captain's wife

I ended up spending the night and joining them for another full day in the sun. Wednesday wasn't quite as hot as Tuesday, so we rode around until we went through the gas we had bought. There's just not much as relaxing as laying on the pontoon boat on a weekday when most people are at work. The lake was pretty much ours for the day! Lovely!

Kristin and Lee

Lee did a fabulous job of being our captain! He needed a break after a while, and since we were the only ones around on the water, he just let it pilot itself. When we kept turning to the right, I decided I'd help out with the steering. Pretty scary, I'm sure! Ha!

Me

Thanks, Kristin and Lee for a great time on the lake. Life is always good on the lake!

post signature

No comments: