Ode to the Jeep

Thursday, July 14, 2011

It is a sad day in my home today. My dearly beloved Jeep...the first car Russ and I bought together has expired. Most of you saw on Facebook when I posted about my little "fender bender." Well...not exactly. See for yourself and decide what it was....

It was a rainy Friday morning in my little hometown Mississippi. I was helping with VBS and wanted to arrive early to prepare. However, I ran in to a little snag. Driving downtown (Did you hear that?! DOWNTOWN! Where the speed limit is between 15-25 mph!) proved not to be as safe as I thought. As I approached the street merely four blocks away from the church, I see it. A big, white work truck pull out in front of me. Hoping he would see me and stop, I slowed down. Once I realized he would not stop, I slammed on my brakes. Apparently, not quite fast enough. Next thing I know, dust is coming from the airbag that employed (which I mistakenly thought was smoke) which caused me to jump out of the car as fast as I could. I pried the door open and took a look at the damage.

There I sat. Up three steps and in some sweet lady's yard, I'm sure. How in the world could this happen in the middle of downtown Small Town, USA? No idea! But, it did. I don't remember anything about the actual wreck part. I looked down to see a burn from the airbag on my arm, but nothing more! Thank goodness! Accidents happen and all is well. Everyone was very nice as I stood there crying like a baby.

But, the bad news came today. After a full month I might add. My dearly beloved Jeep has been totaled. Let's all take a moment of silence as we remember the good times had with Jose the Jeep, as Dustin, Lee, and Russ named it.

So, now, we begin the frantic hunt for a vehicle equal to the amount the adjuster thought this priceless Jeep was worth. Not sure that will happen, but we'll try!

This is my Ode to the Jeep.

post signature

No comments: