Well, today marks eleven sweet weeks of life for Millie Janalee! Look how big she's getting! I can't get over it. We are having SO much fun these days. She is still such a content baby girl, and she is sleeping SO GREAT at night. For now. I've heard not to get used to any stage. So I'm celebrating each day as it comes. Ha!
Millie Janalee still eats five ounces every five hours. Since we started her on the new formula, her spit up has dramatically improved, and she is fuller longer. She doesn't really cry for a bottle...I just notice her squirmy fusses. I think this is one reason her nighttime sleep has been so great lately.
We are wearing three month clothes. You'll notice this three month onesie is a little loose, and I'm thankful we have a little more time before jumping to the big six month sizes! She has long legs, so some of her three month pants are borderline short. But it's okay if babies wear high waters! I've timed it out for her to be in six month clothes around Christmas. I hope I'm right...or else her holiday themed clothes will be a bit baggy! Ha! Her little smocked dresses and bubbles will still work in newborn sizes. Yay! I get so sad when I see her outgrow each size!
Millie Janalee is wearing size 1 diapers, and I'm confident we will be there for a little while. Speaking of diapers, I have still not had to buy a single package of diapers during these eleven weeks! I'm so thankful for generous family and friends who knew what we would need during these first few weeks and months! My dad asked what we wanted for Christmas, and I told him Millie Janalee wanted diapers. My, how things change! Ha!
Some of our favorite things right now are still the activity mat, strolling, traveling, SMILING, squealing, and just last night she finally actually enjoyed tummy time for a little while. She hasn't been a big fan until then. I love talking to Millie Janalee...especially in the mornings. She enjoys talking back, cooing, and squealing at me! I say, "Mama loves you!" and she smiles so big. Then I say, "Do you love Mama?" and she smiles big again. I'm convinced she knows what I'm saying.
No matter what you say!
I love how Millie Janalee is grabbing things! I'm pretty sure we may have a security blanket in the form of a burp cloth after all the time spent wiping spit up and protecting clothes. She loves to grab it and hold it next to her face. She also falls asleep with a tight grip on her paci. She likes to take her paci out, hold it, and wave it around. I've been trying to introduce some of her toys to her this week for her to grab. She did such a good job last night playing with her owl. She wasn't really into playing with her rattle today. There are PLENTY more to introduce.
It is such an absolute JOY watching my precious girl grow and change! Yes, I hate to see her getting bigger, but it is so much fun! I love each new stage, take LOTS of pictures in case it's the last, and try to video important things too. Oh, I may have a little Facebook shopping addiction too! The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, right?




3 comments:
OH. MY WORD. are those jeggings she's sporting?!?!?! She's definitely got her momma's good taste of style!
They are actually navy leggings. Ha! But she does in fact have her own jeggings too. Ha!
She gets the award for best dressed 11 week old! Especially when she is wearing her MSU gear! ;)
Post a Comment