Thirteen Weeks

Wednesday, October 17, 2012


Millie Janalee is officially 13 weeks old today!  That means 91 days ago, our world became a better place when this sweet angel entered it.  I am thankful every day for two loving birthparents who made a selfless decision to make a plan for this sweet girl.  And I am grateful and overwhelmed that God chose us for her...and her for us.  Thankful daily for my little Party of THREE!

My sweet little owl
Millie Janalee will technically be three months old tomorrow, and I can hardly believe it.  It honestly feels like she became a little chunk over the last two days!  She is filling out, and we are having a blast! We have mastered one big accomplishment this week!  Millie Janalee can roll from front to back with no problem at all.  It happened once on a fluke a week or so ago.  But, all of a sudden this week, she does it like it's no big thing.  I don't even get a chance to get a tummy time picture before she starts rolling.  Get it girl!

Hooty Hoo!
Millie Janalee started eating 6 ounces over the last couple of weeks...every 4-5 hours.  We think she may be going through a little growth spurt or something based on her minor meltdowns lately.  In fact, we even picked up teething gel one night thinking maybe she was teething.  No sign of teeth.  Things are beginning to settle down, although she started back to her waking up once during the night.  Last night, I woke her up to eat around midnight, and she didn't eat again until 7 this morning.  But, she still woke up around 3:30 crying for no reason.  After I got her cuddled and calmed down, she slept pretty soundly until Russ started getting ready for work.  We are working on getting back to her routine and staying pretty calm during the week between game days.  By staying calm I mean staying in our pajamas all day.  Snuggling.  Playing.  And taking it easy.  I'm still trying to let her take at least one of her naps in her crib each day.  I'm hoping this will eventually make the transition to her crib a little easier.  We shall see.

Meeting a new friend
Millie Janalee and I have traveled to my hometown for our home church's Fall Festival.  Like I said in a previous post, I went a little overboard with the Halloween costumes this year.  So we needed an extra opportunity to wear one.  Perfect!  We pulled it out for her first Fall Festival.  She was also very excited to meet a new little friend.  Riley Jane is 11 weeks old, and she was ready for her first Fall Festival too! Both these babies favor their daddies so much!  And I'm pretty sure they both have those daddies wrapped around those little fingers too!  Ha!

Millie Janalee and Riley Jane
We had a great day celebrating 13 amazing weeks of life for Millie Janalee!  I told Russ last night that being a mom is by far the best job in the world, and I am so incredibly honored that God would allow me the chance to mother His child.  'Tis so sweet to trust Him!  SO SWEET!


 Happy thirteen weeks, Millie Janalee!  We love you more than you will ever know!

post signature

2 comments:

Joy said...

Precious little owl!! Happy 3 months today pretty girl!

Marcie said...

She looks so tiny sitting by those pumpkins! Such a sweet little angel!
I know what you mean about feeling so blessed. I ask myself many times how I got so lucky! God is good all the time!