Twelve Weeks

Wednesday, October 10, 2012


Today, Millie Janalee, you are TWELVE WEEKS old!  I cannot even believe it!  You will be three months old on the 18th of this month, and it blows my mind!  I am soaking up every second of your twelfth week of life, and it is so much fun.  You are starting to do some really fun things...and you may be going through a growth spurt at the moment based on your disposition lately.  Ha  We had our second post-placement visit this week, and we are looking forward to finalization in December or January.


At twelve weeks old, you are such a smiley thing!  You love it when we wake up and look at you.  You get the biggest smile on your face when I come to pick you up from your sleep or nap.  It makes it even more fun for me to wake up!  You still enjoy your activity mat, but we spent more time in your bouncer this week.  That's where I read to you and we look at your animal flash cards.  It's the teacher in me.  I can't help it. But, I'm pretty sure you'll be one of the sharpest kindergartners around!  Ha!  You have also started playing with your toys this week.  It's so fun to watch you hold on to things and shake them and lick on them.  Which also makes me realize how clean I need to try to keep your toys.  Meaning...keep them away from Farley's mouth!  He has also found your toys this week.  I turned on Max and Ruby just to see how you reacted this week.  You squealed through the whole thing!  I see television limits in your future.  I pulled out a book immediately afterward and began reading to you!  Ha!


This week has left us searching for the right combination of formula and nap time.  You seem to be getting into a new routine today and yesterday, but you had us a little concerned by your recent screaming episodes and fussiness.  Still, you are an overall content baby.  We just noticed a little difference in your disposition.  So, we began giving you more formula and changing the intervals.  Today, we have pretty much stuck with six ounces every 4-5 hours.  You are still sleeping through the night so far.  You woke up a little early this morning, but it was probably because you went to sleep at 8:30 last night!  We did wake you up to top off your belly at 11:30, but it didn't disturb you at all.  You went right back to sleep and woke up around 7 this morning!  You enjoy your sleep...at least at twelve weeks you do!


You are still wearing 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.  You got your first diaper rash this week too.  One day you may be mortified that I shared this, but it's mainly for my benefit.  I want to remember everything little thing about your sweet life!  You have more clothes than days, and your daddy thinks it's getting a little ridiculous!  Ha!  I don't know why he thinks two Halloween costumes is too much.  Between me, Auntie Kristin, Susu, and Granmomma's occasional finds...you have NO worries about going naked!  Trust me!  In fact, this sweet smocked dress you are wearing today was a gift from a very special family friend.  It is the sweetest little dress!  We will put a sweater over it when it gets chilly, and you will be good to go this fall!


Millie Janalee, you are the absolute JOY of our home!  You bring so many smiles, giggles, and love to our little apartment.  I could not imagine my life without you.  When I put you to bed at night, I have to refrain from picking you back up to snuggle or play.  I've been tempted many many nights!  Everyone around you loves you so much!  I hope you will always feel the love so many have for you!  Thank you for twelve amazing weeks!  We love you SO much!

Happy Twelve Weeks, sweet girl!
post signature

No comments: