MSU vs. MTSU

Thursday, October 25, 2012

This past weekend, we traveled south to Starkvegas once again!  This time it was MSU Homecoming and another important game for the Bulldogs.  As of now, we are still undefeated leading up to the Crimson Tide Saturday night!  You better believe we will be watching from home with cowbells in hand.  Actually, we are all dying to go!

Mama and my lil' cheerleader
Daddy's girl
The Homecoming game day started like every other game day...with visiting, eating, and watching some football.  Millie Janalee was much happier than the last game day, so she made for some fun entertainment too. 

Millie Janalee with her uncles
Having a big conversation with Uncie Lee

Jack and Clancy traveled to Starkville for Jack's first ever MSU game.  We were so glad they stopped by for a bit.  Truth be told, everyone comes to see the baby now.  It's not really about the rest of us!  Ha!

Millie Janalee and Clancy

We always love when friends and family stop by to visit!  Everyone knows where we'll be, and we are happy for others to join us anytime!  We love all our "regulars" and we love surprises too!

Paw Paw, Millie Janalee, and Karen
Cayden, Jennifer, Millie Janalee, and me
Hunter, Rachael, me, Millie Janalee
Some of Sheila's family stopped by!  We were glad to meet them!
A few of Dustin's regulars...
All this visiting, talking, and being passed around made Millie Janalee ready to relax.  And there's no better place to relax than in Daddy's lap!  It doesn't hurt to have a toy to help too.  While my loves took a minute to chill, I joined in a game of corn hole.  Of course, I lost.  I don't even know how to keep score.  I just aim and toss.

Daddy and Millie Janalee
Picture perfect toss!  Ha!
It wasn't long until it was game time!  That means changing diapers and pulling out the big headphones.  Ha!  Millie Janalee must have been exhausted, because she fell fast asleep slumped over in my arms.  Bless her!


However, once we were in the stadium amongst the cowbells, cheers, and bright lights...she was wide awake!  She stayed wide awake watching the game (mostly on the big bright Jumbotron) until halftime.  She was as content as could be!  Such a baby bulldog!


Of course, since she fell asleep at halftime, she missed her second big debut at Davis Wade Stadium!  Yep.  Our baby girl graced the big screen on the Jumbotron once again.  Ha!  It wasn't intentional.  I promise.  I actually sent four pictures in the first week in hopes they would feature one.  I guess they liked her because she made a surprise appearance again!  Since we weren't prepared, we don't have a picture of the Jumbotron, but I found the image on the website and saved it just for you!


While I was on the website, I noticed they had created a THIRD image!  I guess I learned my lesson.  Maybe not so many pictures next time.  Of course, I'm tempted to just keep sending them to see how many times they will feature our bitty baby.


Other things Millie Janalee missed were great plays by our Dawgs and a big fat WIN!  We proudly wrapped that one in maroon and white!  You know what that means?  We are still undefeated!  We have an uphill battle next week against Alabama, but I'm keeping the hope alive.  You never know.  I'm certainly expecting a big game.  We are all wishing we could be there to help cheer for our Dawgs.  Kristin swears they do better with our loud voices.  She's probably right, but cheering from home will have to do. 


How did Millie Janalee feel about the game?  Well...

White bear sighting on MSU campus
Here's to hoping our next game day is exciting, fun, and ends with a miraculous WIN!  Go Dawgs!  Beat Bama!
post signature

1 comment:

Joy said...

#WEBELIEVE
Love her little cheerleader outfit! We will be watching from home as well! I'm sure I'll be trying to fall asleep during the middle of the game, so I'll have to nap that afternoon! Love that little famous girl!!!