So here goes...
1) {Baby injuries} Millie Janalee suffered the first of many baby injuries to come. It was quiet traumatic. For me. We were on a road trip last weekend (imagine that!) and had stopped at Sonic for lunch. Because what could be more healthy than a Sonic corn dog? I decided to use this opportunity to sit Millie Janalee in my lap up front and feed her lunch. This is the point at which she lunged for and grabbed my Diet Coke can. From the opening! I pulled it away as it spilled all over me and the floor. She cried. I checked her for cuts, but found none. I continued to feed her after the crying subsided. That's when I saw the blood. Oh, the blood! Lots of blood. Bless her little pointer finger! She sliced it right in the crease...which made me cringe at the thought. She was obviously not bothered until we began wiping it down with a wet paper towel. Thankfully, Susu had Hello Kitty band aids in her suitcase. We have no idea why she packed exactly 2 Hello Kitty band aids on the off chance she need one. Nonetheless, we were thankful! It should also be noted that when we arrived to our destination, Millie Janalee's Hello Kitty band aid was nowhere to be found and her finger was wet. We suspect she ate it. I haven't examined her diapers to see if it actually came out or not. She didn't choke, so that's positive.
2) {Sparkly Green Earrings} I have laughed out loud, teared up, and smiled through 25 chapters so far. And I am sad that it is almost over! For example, after Millie Janalee went down for a nap yesterday I read. Did you hear that? Read. A. Book! I've lost it. And that also may be why the laundry is still in the washer and dryer. However, I do not regret it. And I encourage you to pick up this book for a quick, easy summer read! It is the most hilariously sweet account of motherhood! From trying to become pregnant to the curse of being a Brownie mom, you won't be able to put it down. That's my plug for the day. Or at least until my next great book! Which are few and far between these days.
3) {Movin' and Groovin'} That's right. We are entering the mobile stage of babyhood. Millie Janalee is up on all fours and trying her best to creep around. (Because I've been told creeping is up on all fours while crawling is on her belly.) This means that she has mastered the art of crawling over anything low enough for her to reach. Fun times!
4) {Yummy Deliciousness} Have you checked out our Mississippi Women Bloggers site? If not, you should! It has taken off, and today is no exception. Meg at Keeping Up with the Jones' sacrificed her "clean eating lifestyle" to prepare a mouth-watering rendition of Blueberry Bliss. Head on over and check it out! Add it to your summer menu. **We are also taking recipes from our MSWB community. If you have one, send it in! And if you haven't signed up, do it today! It's free and easy. Click here to sign up.
5) {A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet} Here's another book I'm extremely excited about. I've already pre-ordered it and expect to receive it the first week of June. If you have never read BooMama's blog, it's on my sidebar. I love her southern humor and her heart! I have no doubt that I will laugh, cry, and smile through this entire book too. Check out the book trailer here. I just love her Southern Belle voice!
Now, that wasn't too painful. Maybe I'll link up more often when the time arises! Head on over to The Sowell Life and link up with Joy's Friday Five! Happy Friday, y'all!


2 comments:
Oh my. We are kindred spirits!
1) My oldest's first incident happened as we were heading into Kroger. She fell and skinned her knee. I bought band-aids and Neosporin and now I keep those in my glove box. Not the same ones I bought 5 years ago, but you get the point.
2 & 5) Finished SGE in a few days. I laughed out loud! I CANNOT wait (you hear me, CANNOT) to read Boomama's. I cried reading the first chapter teaser! Have you read Ketchup is a Vegetable? Pretty funny one too.
Ok, enough is enough! Thanks for sharing!
OKay.... I'm SOOOO excited you linked up! But, I'm laughing with you on the not checking the diaper for that bandaid. LOL But what a story! And yes, I've got to try to finish Sparkly Green Earrings so I can get started on Sophie's book! I just love both of them! I'm having to follow all your MSWB posts because I already know half of them since I'm still a Mississippi girl! =)
Thanks for linking up! Happy Friday! And kiss Millie Janalee's boo boo for me! =)
Post a Comment