Birthday Card Storage

Monday, August 5, 2013

The big birthday bash has come and gone.  The toys are put away lining the walls and strewn all over our apartment.  I stuck some behind the glider in Millie Janalee's room to pull out between now and Christmas...just to add some excitement to a boring day in our future.

Now, I'm left with all the memories from my daughter's first birthday party.  I kept her monthly banner, first birthday bib, and birthday letter from her birthmother in her keepsake box.  Then I had a stack of cards.  I'm sure there will be a stack of cards for every birthday this girl ever has.  So, how can I organize these cards that will come each year?

A friend of mine shared her birthday card storage tip before the party.  And I LOVE it!


I kept a copy (or several) of MIllie Janalee's birthday invitation.  I punched a hole in the invitation and all the cards.  Then I stacked them together...invitation on top...and gathered them together with a ring.  All my baby girl's first birthday cards on one ring with her invitation.  And each year, I will do the same.


Sweet memories.  Gathered together and sitting nicely in Millie Janalee's keepsake box.  Easily found.  Easily assembled. 
post signature

2 comments:

Joy said...

That's a great idea. We keep all of our cards. I have them in a bin with no organization.

Kayla said...

Great Idea!