Back on topic. Since we have so many teeth, we're eating more table food than baby food. To be totally honest, the only reason I keep baby food around is convenience. Especially when we are out to eat or I just don't have enough healthy food for her. It's no secret that we don't cook much. Our schedules are here and there, and we grab what we can or fix a sandwich most days. Occasionally, I'll cook a full meal...and that lasts a couple days.
Since finding food for a one year old is not necessarily an easy task (it's getting easier), I thought I'd share what Millie Janalee eats. So, I documented her menu today. Don't act impressed. It's okay. I'm just a new mom trying to figure all this out.
Millie Janalee still takes two bottles. This morning, she woke up around 9 am. Yes, that's what I said. The girl is a sleepy head like her mama. So, she took a 7 ounce bottle of half formula/half whole milk. We snuggled a little while in bed, and then I got her up for breakfast. She ate half a banana, 2 cut up raspberries (a first), and a handful of Cheerios.
Since she wakes up so late, there's no need for a snack before her nap and lunch.
For lunch today, she had a few options. Gerber Graduates actually has turkey, chicken, and meat sticks...very similar to Vienna sausages. It grosses me out, but Millie Janalee LOVES them! She'll eat the whole jar at once. When given that in combination with other things, she picks the meat out first. At lunch, I cut up three turkey sticks and also gave her carrot slices and green peas.
She did exactly what I thought she'd do. She picked the meat out first, then started working on the green peas. For some weird reason, she only eats carrots when I spoon them to her. She used to eat them fine, but now she won't. I'm not worried about it. I just spoon them to her. Whatever works! Ha! Thankfully, she didn't offer Brodie any...as you notice he was surely waiting for some. Ha! She cleaned her tray completely, and we had blueberry apple baby food for dessert.
For supper, my mom cooked Italian roast and salad. The roast was spicy, so I had to come up with something different for my Miss Priss. I opted for black-eyed peas and green beans for the veggies. Millie Janalee loves black-eyed peas! She wasn't too crazy about the green beans. She has always liked green bean baby food. Of course, when I spooned them to her...she ate them just fine. Ha! I guess I spoil her. Oh well. She also had a jar of sweet potatoes baby food.
No, I have not surrendered to the spoon yet. I know it's time. Probably past time. I'm about to put on my big girl pants and deal with the messy experimentation that is to come. Just not today. And probably not tomorrow either. Ha!
Millie Janalee ate all her veggies minus a few green beans, and I fed her mandarin oranges for dessert. I buy the little fruit cups that you would put in a child's lunchbox. She ate every last one from the cup. Such a big girl! Oh, she fed half of one to Farley. Or maybe Farley took it upon himself to eat half of what she had in her hand. Millie Janalee ate the rest. Yep. Some may think that's gross, and I guess it is.
Before bed, she had an 8 ounce bottle of half formula/half whole milk.
So, there you have it! A full day's food for this spunky one year old. Man, I love this girl. What are some foods you have/are feeding your one-year old?
Some other favorites are: lima beans, diced potatoes, Gerber Pasta Pick-ups, cut up grapes, diced pears, yogurt, crackers, etc.
3 comments:
Hudson & Beckham are just a little over 11 months now and they both have 10 teeth! We start the day just like you guys with a bottle and then some bananas and cheerios.
Lunch is usually some kind of meat or cheese and veggies. Or scrambled eggs, they love those and chunks of avocados and sweet potatoes.
Dinner is more of the same. They also love black beans, watermelon, spaghetti (I have to post pictures of that!), and steamed apples!
We will have to try some of those meat sticks! I am with you, they just look awful, but i'll bet the boys will eat them up fast!!
Thanks for sharing what your little pumpkin is eating! Speaking of pumpkins, we are going to try some steamed butternut squash and northern white beans soon, I read that makes a great combination!
Sounds like a typical day with Caroline!! She loves the turkey sticks and mandarin oranges! I think she could live off of those alone! We had mashed potatoes for lunch, she wasn't a big fan of those.
I cannot believe she's already eating the big girl foods. Wow. Time flies!
Post a Comment