Determination

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

We do have one very silly and playful girl on our hands.  I love that we can have fun with her all the time!  And, we also have a pretty determined little feisty thing too!  When she makes up her mind to do something...she pretty much better get to do it.

Or else.  Ha! (And we have certainly lived through some "or elses".)



I mean just look at that determined look in those eyes and her focused face as she pushes her Cabbage Patch baby around the living room.  It's the cutest thing to watch her love her babies, "pat" them (looking more like beating their face to a pulp), and push them around in the stroller.  I snapped one from the back too just because it was cute.


Determination will help you in life, sweet girl.  There will be times that you will walk uphill toward your goal.  There will be times when you have to stand firm in your beliefs.  Determination will keep you focused and working hard.  Working toward the goal God has set for you.

 "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Galations 6:9

There will be times He will put up walls and close doors on you...


And you'll want to sit and cry.  You probably will.  It's okay if you do.  I did.  During those days of longing for a child, I cried.  I cried hard.  And I fought.  I fought for my own way.  And you might do the same some day.  Because we can't see past our here and now.  We can't see how God is working all these walls and closed doors and tears and frustrations into something far better than we envisioned.


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Keep that determination strong and change your path.  Pray about it, and ask God for direction.  Then follow His direction.  He will lead you to something great!  It probably won't be what you originally thought you wanted.


It will be something so much better than you ever even knew was out there!  So much more colorful and playful and fun and rewarding than that closed door!

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! Ephesians 3:20 (Message)




And when you have your heart's desire (whether it's the original desire or something better), you can sit back and praise Him for all He has done.  Looking at all the sweetness in your life that comes through the hard times and determination.


Those are the moments the old hymn finds its way back to your heart.

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
And to take Him at His Word...
post signature

No comments: