**If you are not in Mississippi and want to participate, JOIN IN! Just comment below so I can read yours!**
1. What part of Mississippi are you from?
I am from a small town in North Mississippi, although I've moved around the state a few times. I'm a small hometown gal at heart.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since April of 2008...so that makes 5 years in the blogosphere!
3. Why did you start blogging?
When I originally began blogging, it was to share my day to day life with my family and friends. My husband and I moved 4 hours away from home, and I wanted a way to share our life with them. I had followed a couple of blogs before then. My sister-in-law began her own blog, and that was the push I needed. I've been blogging full steam ahead ever since!
4. Tell us what we can expect when reading your blog.
Basically, you can expect a whole lot of pictures! Ha! I blog about my crazy fun family antics. I blog about my daughter and the day to day joy she brings us. I blog about adoption. I share my heart...which basically means things I would probably never say out loud. There is just something about sitting behind a screen and sharing your passions and thoughts with others that is comforting.
5. What does your blog title mean?
My blog title has changed over the years. My current blog title, 'Tis So Sweet, developed as we welcomed our precious blue-eyed baby girl into our family. My husband and I had tried for about 6 years to grow our family. Our prayer throughout our infertility and adoption journey (especially the last couple years) was for God to change our hearts to match His. We were trusting our family to Him. And, OH, how SWEET it is to trust Him! My purpose behind this blog is now to show others how sweet life can be when we just put our trust in Him. It's a daily challenge, but certainly worth it!
6. What do you love about being part of Mississippi Women Bloggers?
One thing I have learned about blogging is that bloggers share a part of themselves that others probably never will. Bloggers blog from the heart and never have to verbalize it, so many times we know the heart of bloggers. We may never meet in person, but we know their hearts. I have loved finding women in my own state, region, and even my own hometown who are sharing their hearts, passions, and advice. Meeting new friends who share a heart for what I love!
7. Who inspires you to blog?
For years, my readers inspired me to blog. The kind comments, emails, and getting stopped everywhere I go to talk about whatever I blogged about at that time. My readers inspired me to blog through our infertility with their encouragement and prayers. My readers inspired me to blog through our adoption journey with their emails of love and advice. My readers continue to give me motivation to share our life and love with y'all. Blogging is a platform, so I need to share my story of trust, faith, and family! My daughter (and future children) inspires me to blog as well. At the end of each year, I print my blog into a book. I love the idea of sharing my "voice" with my children and grandchildren as they get older. How wonderful it would be to have a journal of your life and life before your were born! Now, that's motivation!
8. If you could pick a favorite blog post from the past year, what would it be?
Hmmm...I would have to pick three favorite blog posts of all time. These three posts completely changed the direction and purpose of my blog the minute they were posted.
My favorite post from this past year would probably be - Unplanned Pregnancy...Perfectly Planned Life
9. Do your real life friends know you blog? How do they respond?
Oh, YES! How fun it is to blog among friends who don't blog. Haha! I have very few real life friends who blog, so it's a running joke when something fun or embarrassing happens. Everyone completely expects me to break out the camera and "put it on the blog!" And I do. They tease me, but they love it!
10. What is your blogging routine (if you have one)?
Ummmm...this question makes me laugh. I have absolutely no routine. I used to come home from work each day (when I taught) and sit at the computer to blog my thoughts, stories, or events from the day. I've never "planned" my posts or written drafts to edit. My first draft is usually my final draft. Now that I'm home with a one year old, I just grab a chance to blog when I can! Sometimes you may find a string of letters amidst the words. That's probably Millie Janalee's contribution.
11. We all love social media! Are there any social media links you would like to share so we can follow you?
Yes, I have Instagram, Twitter, and my personal Facebook page. However, since becoming a mama, I try to keep my shared pictures of Millie Janalee and our daily life to real life friends...or friends I've gotten to know through blogging. You just think I overshare on my blog. Ha! You should see my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It takes oversharing to a whole new level! I do have a Facebook page for my blog that is open to everyone, though.
12. Name 3 bloggers who have not joined Mississippi Women Bloggers that you would like to see join us!
Roan at Joyful Johnsons
Danielle at Musings of a Working Mom
Phyllis at Two of a Kind...Praying for a Full House
If you are a Mississippi blogger and haven't joined our little community, please do! We'd love to have you join us 'round the table. Sign up here. Grab a glass of sweet tea. And share your story as others share with you.
8 comments:
So fun. I'm with you on the my first draft is usually the final draft. I don't have time to pour over and over it til it's perfect. That's part of my keeping it real. And you are welcome for the shout out. I appreciate all that you do!
I wish my first draft was my final! :)Ha!
I always love your pictures of the little lady, can't wait to post some of my own!
I originally found your blog off of a link from Roan's blog when you were Party of Two. I came over to read about your aprons...and kept coming back because you share your heart for Jesus, your husband and your whole family, and I just love that!
You say your readers are an inspiration to you, well you are an inspiration to us too!
None of my "In-person" friends blog either, though they do read my blog from time to time and let me know they like it! I haven't figured out how to print my blog to book form yet, but that is my next big adventure!
I'm so glad your hearts desire of being a mom was fulfilled! My husband and I also struggled with infertility for a few years. I love your blog and am so glad you are linking us Mississippi women bloggers up!
I love your blog name :) Every time I visit, the hymn starts playing in my head. Sweet, sweet words!
We dealt with infertility, too, and I do think having an outlet for feelings and emotions is helpful in that situation. Not just for you, but for others who read it and realize they are not alone! Thanks for sharing!
I'm going to join! I promise! I just have not made myself sit down and do it.
My first draft is my final draft too...most of the time I don't even spell check. However, I do sometimes schedule blog posts for the future. Because, sometimes I have a block of time that I can blog, and I don't want to post 3 posts in a row within 30 minutes. So I post one right then, and schedule the others to follow, one a day.
Your blog has always inspired me! And, I read every single post. Just so you know, since I never comment! But I read every word! And I enjoy it all.
Love you!
Post a Comment