Millie Janalee is doing all sorts of new tricks for Granmomma and Pop...mainly walking a bit. Y'all this girl cracks me up with her walking! It's the most precious thing watching this little person learn to take steps and keep her balance and try to go faster. Now, she will not. I repeat, will NOT walk or stand unless it is her idea. She's got a little "determined" disposition about her. No surprise here!
It's so nice to just relax during a hometown visit. We are usually so busy with planned activities or events that we don't really get to just lay on the couch and watch tv with Russ's dad or sit around the kitchen table for hours talking. We did all those things while Millie Janalee crawled, walked, and played around all over the floor. All that playing may or may not have resulted in extra baths! Ha!
Sunday, after church, we ate lunch with my family to celebrate my grandmother's 87th birthday. I cannot believe I didn't get a single picture! I was a little preoccupied I guess. Millie Janalee slept through 3/4 of our lunch, and then I got busy trying to feed her lunch before everyone got ready to leave. And gathering all our belongings to carry back to the car usually takes all hands on deck. Ha! So...I didn't get one. In fact, I didn't even think about it. I'm so sad.
After lunch, Russ and I took Millie Janalee to visit Russ's grandmother at the assisted living. We rarely get to see her, so it was fun to visit. She always says that Millie Janalee is "Just precious!" and she wants to know how old she is a few times before we leave. Munu doesn't look a day older than the day I met her 13 years ago! She looks so young and fit. I hope I can maintain that way...but it's very doubtful! Considering I'm already sporting quite a few WHITE hairs!
I stayed for Sunday night church while Russ studied. (I'll be so glad when the boards are over!) Our church just dedicated a new youth building, and our Sunday night church service was held there. It is an awesome facility. I'm very proud!
A late arrival back home and sleeping in Monday morning is what Millie Janalee ordered! She's her mama's girl!


1 comment:
Relaxing weekends with no places to be are my favorite!!
Post a Comment