Today is another family birthday! My brother-in-law turned 27 today, so we celebrated this weekend with a surprise fiesta. He and my sister recently accepted new jobs, so I inherited the job of decorations and setup while my mom and brother took food and drink pickup. My dad helped me hang lanterns and brought in the extension cords and fans. It was a family affair...in between a toddling one year old at our feet.
Kristin had everything together in one spot, and it turned out not to be very difficult to set up. I'm sure you have realized by now that she is the party planner, so we were feeling a bit inadequate. Ha! It turned out pretty cute if you ask me.
They came in from their hour and a half drive home from work, and Lee actually had a headache. Oops! I'm pretty sure the family yelling whatever Spanish words we knew and blaring Mexican Fiesta music wasn't in his plans for the afternoon. Bless him! We got him medicated, and he seemed to turn the corner. Or at least put on a good face.
| Millie Janalee, Auntie Kristin, and Uncie Lee |
Millie Janalee spit up down the front of her outfit just as Kristin and Lee were pulling in, so she smelled of sour milk. There's a downside to the whole milk endeavor. Thankfully, I had a change of clothes for her in the car. After a wardrobe change and a good swing with Susu, she was ready to party with the rest of us.
We enjoyed a yummy Mexican spread: Taco Bell, Mi Toro, and D-Shy's Tamales with a delicious Heath Bar birthday cake. Most of us helped ourselves to second and third trips to the food table before the photo booth took flight. Headgear and accessories go hand in hand with a photo booth in this family! We pulled out the frame from Millie Janalee's birthday bash and dressed up for our photos. Things got a little cray cray at this point!
| The birthday boy and his Senorita |
| Dustin and Sheila |
| "Aunt Nana", Uncie Lee, and Auntie Kristin |
| Pawpaw and Susu |
| Pawpaw and Maw Maw |
| My little Spanish familia! |
I told you things got a little out of hand at this point. The Pandora Fiesta station blared as Pawpaw showed Millie Janalee how to dance around with her maracas. She watched intently before trying to do her own "Fandango" (I used Wikipedia to come up with a Spanish dance name. Ha!)
After lot of dancing and shaking those maracas, she needed to sit awhile and rest. I thought this was a great time for her to wear a sombrero. Perhaps we should've invested in a baby sombrero...
No birthday party is complete without the off-tune family singing of the "Happy Birthday" song! We rigged up a 27-ish look for the birthday cake, and I stuck a few decorative toothpicks in for good measure. I think it looked just wonderful...professional even!
| 26+1 |
| Dustin lighting the candles |
| Making a wish! |
It certainly was another family birthday celebration for the books. Happy Birthday Uncie Lee! We hope you have the best birthday yet!







No comments:
Post a Comment