At 13 months old, this sweet girl is the life of the party! She's "happy, happy, happy" as Phil Robertson would say. Everywhere we go, she just talks and smiles and laughs and waves at everyone we pass.
- She loves to jump with her hands up and say, "Boo!"
- When she stands up on her own, carefully steadying her balance, she looks around to make sure everyone sees her with her arms straight out to the sides.
- She loves to mimic Uncie Lee when he whispers and makes noises with his mouth. It's hilarious to watch her do it!
- She also likes to mimic Auntie Kristin when she stomps her feet really fast. She kicks her little feet as fast as she can.
- She squeals and belly-laughs when Farley starts barking and walking around. She laughs even harder when he does his tricks for her. Oh, it is so fun!
- She loves to play with her toys and come up with new ways to play. For example, she likes to put the Little People farm animals in the little kitchen microwave...and the egg on her nose like a pig's snout. (as seen in the pictures)
- One of her favorite things to do while crawling or watching television is to hold a toy in her mouth without using her hands. This proves to be so funny when you look over and see six inches of Mickey Mouse sticking straight out of her face. Every time I try to grab a picture of it, she pulls it out. Every time! My goal is to snap a photo of this little quirk as soon as I can.
- She just learned to lean in and give me a kiss when I ask for one...wet as it may be. She learned this today at Lowe's while we were shopping around the closet organization aisle. I took a break from my focus (which was to organize my "office space" in the living room) to lean in and play with my little friend. That pretty much happens every time we shop together. We giggle and play and talk through every aisle. Shopping was so boring and lonely before Millie Janalee! Ha! Anyway, I leaned in and said, "Give Mama a kiss!" and puckered my lips. My heart nearly burst when she leaned in and kissed me right on the lips! We've been giving kisses all night.
- She likes to point to her "nose" when I say, "Where's your nose?" Except mostly she points to her cheek. Ha! That's close enough. It is on her face. She doesn't just point, though. She points and keeps tapping her little pointer finger on her cheek...all with a smile on her sweet face.
- She likes to push the boundaries. This may not be so much cute, but I would put it in the silly category. Because if you know me or ever saw me teaching, you know that I don't give any room to budge outside the rules. Example: Today my silly girl was headed straight for Farley's dog bowl just like she had done earlier in the day. She enjoys sticking her hand in the water bowl or picking up dog food. I said, "No, Millie Janalee." She stopped and turned around to look at me. This repeated itself about 3-4 times in a row as she inched closer to the bowl. Then, that girl turned her back to me and crawled like lightning toward that bowl! Like I wouldn't get up and chase her down. She's got some lessons to learn. Pushing her boundaries for sure! She is also learning the hard lessons of pushing so hard. Bless her!
- She finally, after 13 months of life experience, is picking up and drinking from her sippy cup on her own. We had a little standoff/hissy fit last week over the whole ordeal. Who knew that she was just letting me hold it just because I would. Ahem. Don't get me wrong. I loved holding that cup for her - especially since it gave me extra snuggle time, but I also know it is important for her to do simple things (like holding her own sippy cup) independently. And one day I'll surrender the spoon too. Some day.
- She can devour a Nilla Wafer like nobody's business! Before I know it, she sticks the whole cookie in her mouth and flips it over and over until she can bite down and chew it. I do keep a close eye on her, but she seems to hold her own when it comes to good cookies.
Oh, this girl is silly. And quirky. And funny. And growing. And loving. And smart. And spunky.
And she's MINE!
No comments:
Post a Comment