Mean Old Shots

Wednesday, December 17, 2014


The children and I survived our second big outing alone in St. Louis...or the surrounding area.  Monday afternoon, we loaded up for Smith's checkup.  We don't get out much, so when we do...we like to dress cute.  Ha!  That's what I told all the nurses who were obsessing over their clothes.  Let me just say that smocking is not something you find much if ever in Missouri!  Our pediatrician appreciates it, and she smocks her own clothes for her son.  She told me that I would just have to shop when I go home to Mississippi.  Ha!


Smith was nervous about his shots, and his big sister was quite the comforter.  Until she, too, joined him crying when I was trying to take a picture.  Drama!


Millie Janalee watched every move the doctor made.  She would get right up next to the doctor or nurse and just stare at whatever they were doing.  She wanted to be picked up when Smith got checked out and got his shots.  She didn't want to miss a thing.  This was the first doctor trip where she wasn't a patient.  Later that afternoon when Smith was crying, Millie Janalee asked "Shot hurt???"

Yes, baby.  Those mean old shots hurt.


Contrary to this picture I'm leaving you with, Smith handled his shots like a champ.  He never required Tylenol at all.  And when I tried to give him a dose before bed to prevent a sleepless night, he just spit it back up.  So he actually had no Tylenol at all and slept better than he had been the previous nights.

Such a sweet big boy!
post signature

1 comment:

Crystal said...

We live in Mo. We actually adopted our daughter through Bethany in St Louis. I'm not from the south but I love big bows and smocked clothing. I am definitley in the minority around here to. I have to order all of our clothes online. I also get comments all the time on our bows. I actually don't know how people don't put bows on a baby's head???