Dominican Republic, Here They Come!

Friday, July 11, 2008

My brother is leaving tonight (1:00 AM, actually) for the Dominican Republic. He and a group of guys (plus a couple of women) from our home church, FBC Corinth, are doing some mission work there next week. They are working through SCORE International. Check out their website. The guys will be playing baseball with people from the Dominican Republic. They will share their faith as they get to know the players and others. This will be a fantastic experience for Dustin, and I am so excited for him and the rest of the group! Of course, the flight overseas will be long and nerve racking for some. But, God is in control! Who could be better?

Do you think the Dominican Republic is ready for "The Big Cheese?"
Disney World picture I haven't posted yet

Please pray for safety and for God to prepare the hearts of those in the Dominican Republic to hear what He has to say through these guys (and girls).

The group includes: Dustin Smith, Kendall Murphy, Jordan Gurley, Ben Woodhouse, Andy Timmons, Larry and Debbie Reid, Gray and Sarah Falanga, Scooter (not sure of full name - a seminary student from New Orleans), and Brian Reid is the organizer. There are also several boys from Adamsville going with the group.

I love you, Dustin, and I am SO proud of you! I'll be praying!

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Thanks for being such a great big sister. Great pic! Ya'll be careful driving to Florida and have a wonderful time.

Love you,
Daddy