Movies of the Week!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Kristin and Lee spent the weekend with us. We had a great time eating (always a favorite!), visiting, and going to the movies. We went to the movies this afternoon...but not to see the same movies. Kristin and I saw one while the boys saw another. It was so refreshing not to hear Russ complaining about my "girlie" movie choice. Ha!! He's such a trooper!

Mamma Mia, starring Meryl Streep, came to theaters on Friday, July 18. We showed up 20 minutes early for the 2:45 show, and it was SOLD OUT!! So, we waited around for the 4:00 one. I know...we are crazy! This movie was SO FUN!! If you love singing and dancing....and COMEDY - you will love Mamma Mia! It's certainly a movie you'll want to see with the girls! Well, I just know Russ wouldn't like it. Your man might. :) I also have the soundtrack - so good!

While Kristin and I saw our movie, the guys went to the 3:50 showing of The Dark Knight. You should have seen the line! According to Russ, it was awesome! This movie is the sequel to Batman Begins. Russ stayed up all night watching Batman Begins so he would be prepared for The Dark Knight. So funny! Run time is 152 minutes...so make sure you have plenty of time!

All in all, it was a great weekend! We really enjoyed our visit with Kristin and Lee!

1 comment:

Sarah Sharp said...

I want to see Mamma Mia! Brad absolutely refuses to go though. He's not much into girly movies!