My first Kingsbury book was Even Now. This book is about a young couple separated by lies and long years...yet have never forgotten one another. This is a beautiful story of parents' love and mistakes. It is also a story of true love and misunderstanding. You will be surprised at every turn, and you will gain inspiration from the miracle of resurrection. Even Now is the first in a series. This book and its sequel, Ever After, are on sale now at Lifeway for $5.87. I saw it this weekend! Purchase it today!! You won't regret it! I have not yet read the sequel...I got caught up in another one of her series that I'll mention in a sec.
The second Kingsbury book I'd suggest is Redemption. This is actually the first in a 14-book series, known as the Baxter Series. Roan says this series is by far Kingsbury's best! I will give the description straight from her website. When Kari Baxter Jacobs finds out that her husband is involved in an adulterous relationship and wants a divorce, she decides she will love him and remain faithful to her marriage at all costs. This book shows how God can redeem seemingly hopeless relationships, and it illustrates one of Gary Smalley's key messages: Love is a decision. (Gary Smalley is a well-known marriage/family counselor and author.) I finished this book before I even got to Seaside! It is awesome!! If you are ready to start a series that you CAN NOT put down...by all means, start here!
My current read is the second book in the Baxter Series, Remember. This book follows the lives of the Baxter family...keeping you updated on Kari's life (from the first book), but focuses on one of her sisters, Ashley. Ashley was a mysterious character in the first book, and I can't wait to see how God will work in her during Remember. I'm only on Chapter 15, so I won't tell you any more. Besides, you'll need to start with Redemption anyway!All of these stories are stories of love and life from a Christian perspective. I am absolutely addicted to them now! I hope you pick them up and start reading!! Summer's almost over, so you better hurry!! Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment