That's right! Russ and I are in
We got home, and Farley had his tail tucked. Farley ALWAYS tells on himself before we even know what's happened. We looked all over (assuming he went to the restroom in the house), and we did not find anything! So, we were all in the living room, watching tv. Farley was lying on my stomach. He yawned, and I noticed his tongue was drawn up and crooked. My first thought was that he had a stroke. I jumped up and took him to my dad's chair. We examined him for a while assuming he had something stuck in his teeth. But, we kept noticing this red mark on his tongue - like a burn. Finally, my mom came down...we told her what was going on. She took out running up the stairs. We had no idea what she was doing. She came down with something she found on the floor. It was a Ziplock bag (chewed holes all over) with two AA batteries and opened chap stick. There was no question what had happened! We examined the batteries and found that he bit a hole straight through the battery! Obviously, battery acid had burned his tongue. He was also gagging like he had something in his throat...so we aren't sure if some had gotten in his throat. EMERGENCY!
We called Dr. Huggins, a vet in town, at home. He told us to rinse it out with water, and bring him in this morning. So, Russ and Daddy held Farley down and squirted water into his mouth with a squirt bottle. Poor Farley! I know he was burning!
This seemed to help a little...or it could just be because I was rocking him in the recliner afterward.
He is currently at the vet's office. Dr. Huggins was in surgery, so we had to leave him. He may never forgive us. We are waiting on a call. Did I mention that I have not heard Farley bark since the whole incident? That's odd!
1 comment:
Poor little guy! I guess its good that was your last vacation of the summer! No telling what he may get in to if you leave him again. I hope he's 100% better when you pick him up. I would be upset if something happened to Lucy and Jake, so I feel your pain!
Post a Comment