Jeremy Camp (and more!) Concert in Hattiesburg

Monday, September 29, 2008


Last night, Russ and I headed out with Pat and Felicia to my birthplace - Hattiesburg, MS. We got free tickets for a Jeremy Camp concert...but there were other incredible bands performing with them!! When Russ first moved to Jackson (until a while after we were married), he played guitar for the Link, a contemporary Sunday morning worship service, at FBC Jackson, and Pat ran the sound. Jacob Sooter, one of the guys he played with is now playing keyboard for Jeremy Camp. Last night was his last time playing for Jeremy because he's getting ready to tour and play for his wife, Merideth Andrews! Yes, I love her...and yes, you've seen her music video, You Are Not Alone, on my blog. So, Jacob was able to give us all free tickets to the concert! Yay!

It was amazing!!! Meredith Andrews sang first and Jacob played keyboard for her. Now, you know that I love her music. Believe me when I tell you that hearing her live is NO COMPARISON!!! It was unbelievable!! She is so tiny and has the biggest sound I've ever heard! Keep in mind that we were on the second row...and some of our group actually had on earplugs because it was so loud! Ha! Please please please try to hear her in concert or, at least, get her cd.

Meridith and Jacob

After Meredith, Fee played. I had never heard of them, but I did recognize some if their songs. Again, INCREDIBLE!! They were awesome! There was so much energy! I was screaming, singing, and dancing to some music I had never heard! It was so much fun! It was obvious that they were truly worshiping. Steve Fee, the lead singer, said, "The way I see it, if I was dead and able to live again...then, that makes me crazy! Well, I was dead. Now, I'm alive! So, I can' t think of a better time to be crazy, sing, dance, be filled with joy, and worship the Lord than NOW!"

Fee

Steve Fee

The awesome pose at the end


After such craziness and fun, we were able to chill out and listen to Bebo Norman. His music is so good! It was very worshipful!

Bebo Norman

Then, it was time for the headliner.....

Jeremy Camp!

Jeremy Camp - the whole group

Jeremy Camp needs no introduction! They were phenomenal!!! It was SO much fun! You could feel his excitement and love for the Lord!

Jacob on keyboard

Jeremy Camp

Jeremy Camp and Jacob

The group with Jacob and Merideth - the cutest couple!

Me and Russ with Merideth
Yes, I told her that I blogged about her! I'm such a nerd! Ha!

post signature

4 comments:

Dennis said...

Sounds like a great night! Let me know if she will be in our area.

Anonymous said...

I e-mailed you at your yahoo account.

Katie Walden said...

a) I had not idea that Russ played in the Link.
b) Meredith is truly awesome.
c) Jeremy Camp rocks my socks off.

In conclusion, I'm very jealous of your fun night!

Roan said...

What an exciting life you lead!