What an Honor!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Well, I must take this moment (as a proud wife) to brag about my amazing husband. Tonight, we attended an initiation banquet for the Gold Humanism Honor Society. Russ was one of 23 inductees tonight. Members are chosen based on three mechanisms: peer survey, instructor nominations, and the ladies in the dean's office nominate as well. The survey consists of 6 questions, as we were informed tonight by Dr. Woodward. I can't remember the exact wording, but I'll try my best! The questions are based on compassion, professionalism, and the preference of others to work with this student. I wish I could remember the questions, because you would fully understand the honor. Of course, I'm biased and Russ would NEVER tell people about this himself! Russ's parents came in last night for the ceremony. We have had a great time!

Russ was ready to leave! We were late, as usual!

Russ and his dad while waiting on his mom to get ready.

The original Johnsons after the ceremony

The Johnsons (updated version...with me!)

The inductees

After the ceremony, we came home and had a little bit of fun while taking MORE pictures. Yes, that was my idea! I had to have more for the blog!! :)

Russ's dad posed while we tested the lighting

Russ's mom and I took pictures of each other taking pictures...who knows!?

The family

Me and Russ

Oh, to be young and in love! :)

Russ's mom playing a little tune

It was such a nice evening...and has been a great couple of days with Russ's parents! Thanks for coming, Mom and Dad! Congratulations Russ!! Love you!

post signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I had gotten to meet you tonight, Megan! It was a nice ceremony and you got some good pictures!

Roan said...

Congratulations to Russ! Are yall still up?

Anonymous said...

ok, now who was left out of the loop?! I'm pouting. Congratulations, Russ!!!
Susan
ps. I must learn how to comment without being anonymous!

Dennis said...

Well, congratulations, Russ! Just got on blog and wonder why NO ONE told ME about this!? So proud of Russ...as always! Love ya'll, Daddy