Welcome Fall!!

Monday, September 8, 2008

So, I've been a little busy this week. I suppose the whole "football season" thing has gotten me in the mood for FALL!! You can really feel it in the air! There's nothing like the feeling of fall. I love it! Well, I've never really decorated for fall before. We ate lunch at Pat and Felicia's Sunday afternoon, and her house looked super cute with all her fall decor. Pat is in the middle of a month rotation in Nashville right now...so, Felicia's up for anything these days. So, last night, we got busy! We stocked up at Michael's first. Then, today, we went by Hobby Lobby to finish up. I made a stop by Bath and Body Works, too, to treat myself to a new fall scented Wallflower. Those are the greatest! I went with Autumn Apple for right now (It has a softer fall scent - reminded me of September.) I also got the newest scent, Leaves - perfect for October!

The wreath I made for my front door. There's a story behind this ordeal!

One of my Hobby Lobby purchases today....Harvest!

Felicia's hard work on the mantle - looks great!

Another Hobby Lobby purchase - on the hearth.

My dining table centerpiece - Jackson Square Tray and Hemingway Hurricane (Southern Living at HOME!)

We made a mess! And Felicia vacuumed! I didn't even argue! She hates to vacuum her house (all hardwood floors). But, she says it's fun to vacuum carpet. Whatever!

Crazy girl! This is one of the two outside wreaths on the front. Remember, I have three front doors.

In my opinion, my house looks and smells great - nice and "homey!" Thanks Felicia!! It was fun!

post signature

3 comments:

Lynn said...

love the decorations! I may have to steal your idea with the jackson square tray and hurricane!
lynn

Roan said...

it looks great! I need to get out my fall decorations! I have 2 rubbermaid boxes full of them.

The Robbins said...

You had to put the two ugliest pictures of me...o friend...your time is a comin! Everything looks great and you've inspired me to do a blog about my house and fall stuff too...woah...a blog...I know...I am proud!