As for Me and My House...

Friday, September 28, 2012

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15


I like to go to church!
I like to go to church! 
I like the pretty songs we sing!
I like to go to church!


That's the song my mom used to sing as she woke us up on Sunday mornings.  In fact, she still sings it if we aren't up and at 'em by the time she leaves the house for Sunday school.  This Sunday was Millie Janalee's first time to go to church!  Which means it was the first time our new family attended church together! 


Millie Janalee donned her finest church clothes and accessories.  She made sure to look like a proper Southern lady attending a church service.  That's how we know she's a Southern lady...she can go from hard core Bulldog fan to prissy church clothes with no problem!  Ha!


Russ and I dropped her off in the church nursery, and everyone welcomed her with smiles and open arms.  They were all so excited to keep her.  As Russ and I sat in church listening to the choir, singing praise hymns, and listening to the sermon...I couldn't help but let my mind wander to how thankful I am for this day.  How many Sundays have I sat in church longing for a child to drop off in the nursery?  How many Sundays have I sang the choruses praying for God to make us parents?  How many Sundays have I daydreamed about what it would be like to come to church as a family of 3?  This Sunday was THE SUNDAY.  It was the day we brought our daughter to church for the first time.  And we are so thankful!


I think back to my church family growing up, and I am so glad that my church family served as an extension of my family.  I pray that Millie Janalee grow up in a church that is her family.  I pray that Russ and I serve as examples for Millie Janalee of what a Christian walk should look like.  I pray that this sweet girl learn to pray, love, and praise her Creator.  For He has made her so "fearfully and wonderfully!"  I pray that Millie Janalee will accept Jesus as her Savior at an early age.  And I pray that she grow to be like Him.


I can't wait for to watch Millie Janalee grow into the beautiful woman God has made her to be!  Well..I CAN wait.  But it will be my greatest joy and honor to watch her!


"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30


"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.  And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."  Deuteronomy 6:5-7


Praying daily that God gives us wisdom and guidance as we parent this sweet girl...His precious child. 
post signature

1 comment:

Joy said...

Was Farley giving that sweet baby some sugars??!! LOVE it! And I'm so happy for your party of three!! I still get excited seeing pictures of you and Russ holding her. God is SOOO good!!