Millie Janalee really is growing up a little too fast for my taste. We are having fun, but I sure do miss that itty bitty 6 pound girl. Millie Janalee has always been a good sleeper, but this week we have slept extremely well. We feed her around 6:00 at night and play for a while. She falls asleep pretty soon after that and naps until we feed her around 10:00 or 11:00. Millie Janalee falls asleep immediately after that feeding and has slept until 8:00 each morning. And when she wakes up, she's not crying for food. She is a happy, playful little thing! So fun! I love just rolling over and watching her play with her hands in her bassinet. Nothing sweeter than a happy baby in the morning!
Once I decide it's time for us to move into the living room, I do a quick diaper change and get all the feeding accessories together. That includes her bottle, a burp cloth, my Diet Coke, and my breakfast bar. We snuggle for a bit before we both eat breakfast watching the morning news.
Our sweet girl may look prissy, but she sure can spit up. Like projectile! She has done this since the day she was born. The bigger she gets, the larger quantity that comes out...like the whole bottle. Ha! It has never bothered her, and I have asked the doctor about it 3-4 times. He says Millie Janalee is growing at a great rate, so the spitting up is no problem. It is just inconvenient for whoever feeds her because they end up wiping down with a wet rag, changing clothes, or pulling out the carpet or furniture cleaner. I've gotten pretty good at anticipating and catching it all. But this week, we are trying something new. Enfamil A.R. This formula makes everything gel together in the baby's little tummy, hopefully helping keep it down. Although it doesn't keep it all down...it has helped tremendously! Much easier to clean up and she spits up less often. So, I think we'll stick with this for a while.
I absolutely love staying home with Millie Janalee! We have so much fun during the day. I took a little photo documentation of our day today for you to see. We played in the mirror, went through our jungle flash cards, read a book, learned the hand jive, and played on our playmat. We also took a little stroll to the mailboxes late this afternoon. The rest of the time? We snuggled in the chair. She napped while I watched her...or caught up on my recorded shows. (namely Dancing with the Stars, Parenthood, and Private Practice)
Millie Janalee,
These ten weeks have gone by faster than any ten weeks I've ever experienced. It scares me a little, because I realize how fast the rest of your days will pass...and I don't want to miss anything! I'm trying my best to soak it all in, hold you as much as you want, and love on you all the time! You are so easy to love. I am so thankful for you! I am so proud to be your Mama! And I'm thankful you allow me to take so many pictures and dress you up like my personal baby doll! You are such an angel, and everyone knows it. I'm sure I wear people out with all my pictures, tweets, and blog posts. But, that's okay! Hopefully you won't be too embarrassed when you grow up. Ha!
Happy Ten Weeks, Millie Janalee! I love you!




1 comment:
I swear, it was just yesterday you were posting her 9 week report! Wow!
You can go online to enfamil's website and sign up and they will start sending you these 'checks' for like $2-$5! You can't use them with coupons but it's amazing. Make your sister do it too and you get double checks! Formula can be expensive. Oh, and check Sam's too. They carry Enfamil but not sure of the AR and they DO accept the checks, when they don't accept coupons!
Post a Comment