| Before spitting up red Tylenol down the front of her onesie. |
| After a costume change... |
| Poor Mama |
| "Come on, Mama. Let's get out of here before that nurse looks my way!" |
Oh. My. Word! My sweet girl's face turned a bright red followed by the most pitiful cry...that I thought would never end. I seriously chanted in my head, "Take a breath Millie Janalee. Don't pass out," as tears filled my eyes. It was just plain awful! For me. And for her at the time. I scooped her up faster than the nurse could get the words out of her mouth and we cuddled and talked through all the dry heaves and cries. In fact, we just cuddled until Millie Janalee cried herself to sleep. Then we loaded up and headed home. Where I held her all. day. long! On days like today, Millie Janalee likes to lay around in her pajamas and bedroom slippers. Comfort is key when recovering from such an experience.
In all seriousness, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our pediatrician! And he sent in a wonderfully caring nurse. The doctor ran out before the needles came in! Ha! He didn't want any part of it. The nurse was dreading it pretty bad too. Millie Janalee was just so cute and sleeping so peacefully. The nurse kept saying, "Ohhhh, I'm so sorry. Ohhhh." That was before she had even taken the caps off the needles. So, everyone did a wonderful job. Millie Janalee is perfectly fine and taking her Tylenol every four hours. Her Mama, on the other hand, may take longer to come back from the trauma. Ha! I've snuggled and held my sweet love as much as I could!
Her official checkup went great! Millie Janalee is growing and "perfect" according to Dr. Phillips. She officially weighs 10 pounds 11 ounces...25-50%. Little petite thing! Her length, however, is in the 75-90%! Long lean thing! She is 23 1/2 inches long. Her head circumference is in the 50-75%. So, it looks like she's doing just wonderfully! She was so good for the doctor while he checked her heart, her breathing, her throat, her ears, and her eyes. She was just a sweet little patient. We are so proud! Just in case you didn't already know that! So, in return, Millie Janalee has spent lots of time snuggling with Mama and having fun with Daddy!
![]() |
| Daddy is so funny! |



1 comment:
Megan! I have been thinking about you so much the past two months and have been meaning to email you. Jennifer (Marshall) called me and told me that your baby girl was born the day before ours. I can't believe our girls are only 1 day apart! That's so neat. And I came over to check your blog for an update today and saw she had her shots yesterday. We are headed to get Emma's today. I am so so happy for you guys and I just squealed when Jennifer told me about Millie Janalee. She is beautiful! Congrats again!! :)
Post a Comment