Guess Who's Back...

Tuesday, September 11, 2012


We are pretty happy around here these days!  Millie Janalee is so excited to welcome her big brother back home.  My parents have been kind enough to keep Farley since Millie Janalee was born.  Because we had so many visitors after she was born, I was afraid Farley would sneak out the door and I wouldn't be able to run after him with a baby in the apartment.  These are the moments I miss my back yard.  Our visitors have slowed, and Russ and I brought Farley home Sunday night.


Yesterday morning, I got Millie Janalee fed and ready to play with her favorite furry friend.  And...of course...we had a photo shoot too!  Ha!


I don't know if it was meeting Caroline or reuniting with Farley, but this sweet girl was having a ball yesterday morning!  Just look at these smiles!  I couldn't even catch the best ones on camera, but I did my best getting what I could.  How sweet is this face!?!?!



It's completely safe to say that I am beyond obsessed!  But, I will tell on the others too!  I sent out texts to our families.  The response was obvious obsession!  God is SOOOO good!  All the time!  He knew exactly what He was doing, and it was FAR better than anything I could have imagined!


I don't think I will ever tire of talking about His goodness throughout our journey to become parents.  It is the most amazing experience ever!  I can't imagine anything better!


Russ and I are so thankful for the man and woman who made such a responsible, mature, and sacrificial decision.  We are thankful for two birthparents who loved this baby girl enough to give her life...and unselfishly make a plan for her future.  We will forever be grateful.  There are so many nights we look at this literal bundle of JOY and talk about them.  We can't help it.  You see, we know the whole story.  You may never know it, but Millie Janalee will one day.  She will know where her eyes came from or her toes.  She will know about the love these two felt for her.  She will know how they cried and struggled as they left the hospital without her.  She will know that she was loved.  Not just by us...but by two people she may only hear about.  Russ and I are so blessed to be chosen as Millie Janalee's Mama and Daddy.  We thank God for this gift of life and ask His guidance as we parent her.  Our baby girl.


"I will praise the name of God with song, And shall magnify Him with thanksgiving."  Psalm 69:30


"I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds."  Psalm 9:1
post signature

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Take as many pictures as you can. It goes by way too fast! It's hard for me to remember the girls being this little and they are only 7 months old!! Cant imagine what it will be like when they turn 1!