Sweet Shower

Monday, September 24, 2012

Millie Janalee and I have been so blessed with showers of love celebrating this precious life and our answer to so many prayers!  Last weekend, some girls in our Sunday school class gave us a sweet little shower.  I was delighted to share our baby girl with these ladies who have joined us in prayer since the day we joined our church.


I'm trying to raise Millie Janalee right.  You know....to love SEC sports, to tough out any weather condition for a MSU football game, and to wear her sweet Southern pearls for special occasions.  So far, she's doing a great job!


Deanne was kind enough to host our shower in her home.  Everything was lovely, and she did a fabulous job!  Deanne has prayed for and loved on Millie Janalee all along.  I am so thankful for her generosity and kindness.  She also has a little boy who is nearly a year old.  We will have to introduce these two soon!  Ha!

Deanne and Millie Janalee
Deanne's mom is SO SWEET!
We spent the afternoon visiting, eating, and passing the baby around.  It was very nice and comfortable.  Millie Janalee loves all these ladies, and she can't wait to see them again! 

Kristy and Millie Janalee
Mama and Kristin drove from Corinth to celebrate with us.  They are always looking for any excuse to see Millie Janalee.  I'm pretty sure they would move in with us...or have us move in with them...if I'd let them!


Julie and Amanda spent most of the afternoon with the sweet girl while I opened gifts and snacked on the delicious food.  They are both very experienced...with ALL BOYS! 

Amanda, Millie Janalee, and Julie
The food was yummy, and the punch was delicious!
I think it's safe to say that Millie Janalee is a pro at being the center of attention!  She loves to be held, doted on, and of course she enjoys having her picture taken.  At least I hope she does!  Ha!


Russ and I are overwhelmed with the generosity shown by so many!  This shower was no exception.  There were so many wonderful and thoughtful gifts!  I can't wait for Millie Janalee to wear, play with, and read all the fun things!  Thank you so much for making us feel so special and showing your love for our precious girl!

For my Beach Baby
Love this handmade canvas from Karen!  So thoughtful!
Of course, Millie Janalee got hungry and let us ALL know it!  Ha!  The girl likes her food...just like her Auntie Kristin.  Jamie drew the short straw and fed her!  In all seriousness, I think she volunteered!  Millie Janalee LOVES her Aunt Jamie!

Jamie and Millie Janalee
After the shower, Mama, Kristin, Millie Janalee, and I went to Stix for supper and enjoyed some time with Millie Janalee at the apartment.  Yes, babies make these adults do some pretty silly things...and make some silly faces.


God has blessed us so much with sweet friends and family who have grieved with us, prayed with us, and now REJOICE with us!  We are thankful.  So very thankful!
post signature

1 comment:

Allison said...

Love her outfit and pearls. So adorable!