Eight Weeks

Thursday, September 13, 2012


Yesterday, Millie Janalee turned EIGHT WEEKS OLD!  Really?!  I feel the same way every week, and I know that will never stop. But I really have a hard time wondering where the time has gone!  Sorry I couldn't provide you with a nice, smiley eight week picture.  Posing a baby with a stuffed animal and flimsy piece of paper without her kicking it all over, crying, or falling over is a challenge when I'm alone.  I try to take pictures in the mornings while Russ is gone before Millie Janalee spits up all over the front of her outfits!  Ha!  Add Farley into the mix this week, and I was sweating by the time it was all over.  I did manage to snap a few of my favorite pictures ever!  So funny!

She looks like she's in big trouble!  Ha!
Look at my big girl sitting straight up!  Oh my!  I'm not ready for any of this growing up stuff.  I love that picture because she looks guilty...like she's sitting in timeout.  It makes me laugh out loud every time I look at it!  The next picture looks like what she may be in trouble for...

Maybe why she's in timeout?
Remember when I said adding Farley to the mix made me sweat during our eight week photo session? This is what happened every two seconds...

"What about me Mama?" -Farley
That is, after he jumped up and chased the rag I was flying above and around my body to get Millie Janalee to look my way.  Farley took it as a fun game...only actually grabbing it and and tugging once.  Finally I decided it was time to include the big brother.  He posed so nicely!

Little Sister and Big Brother
Resting so nicely together
It is so fun to look back at pictures and see the changes happening.  They happen so fast!  Daily even!  I always heard, "It goes by so fast."  And now I really understand.  I know she is bigger.  I can feel it.  But the changes in her face and body are subtle when I'm with her all day every day.  Looking at these pictures, it's crazy how different she looks from one week to the next.  Maybe that's just "mama-talk."


Millie Janalee has been so busy growing, eating, and she spends a lot more time having "playtime" these days!  Her favorite activity is her little activity mat.  She used to just lie there and stare at the owl.  Now she kicks around and waves her arms.  She'll talk to them some too.  At least, that's what I say she is doing.  Ha!  The other day I looked over and she had her leg hung in one of the rings.  It was funny, but it also made me realize how much more active she is...and I'm going to need to keep a closer eye on her!


All that growing and exercising makes my sweet girl a little sleepy.  Millie Janalee is sleeping less during the day.  But she still enjoys her rest.  I usually wake up to her "talking."  We go in the living room to snuggle and swing in her swing.  After 30 minutes to an hour, she gets hungry.  She eats, plays a little, gets ready, and takes a nap.  She sleeps on and off for the next couple of hours.  When it's time to eat again, she lets me know.  Then, we play some more and take a long nap...not always in that order.  All you Babywise people don't hate on me!  We aren't strict on schedules around here.  Millie Janalee runs the show.  It's a good thing she's so considerate and consistent.  Ha!  After her evening feeding, we play a little and take a bath before she drifts off one more time.  She'll stay asleep until 3-4 in the morning.  Then, the cycle starts over!  Depending on the time of her feedings, her night sleeping is all night or most of the night.  Tuesday night, she ate around 11 pm and didn't wake up to eat again until 5 am. 


All that eating and sleeping makes for one happy girl!  Most of the time.  Really...MOST of the time.  She is rarely very fussy.  Some days she may be more needy than others...but rarely unhappy.  We have been so blessed with such a sweet, content baby girl!  I know things can change on a dime, but we are cherishing her sweet little happy self as long as we can.


Millie Janalee, you light up our world!  Your sweet smile and bright eyes are the perfect manifestation of God's goodness.  We are so in love with you, and we are so blessed to be a part of your little life and your incredible story!  We thank God every day for you!  We stare at you all the time.  We talk about how beautiful you are constantly.  I pray you always know how loved you are!  How special you!  You light up our world in so many ways!  But you are also a light of hope for so many you may never know.  You have brought hope to countless families!  You are an answered prayer to hundreds!  God has used your little life to shine a light on Him.  How precious you are!


Thank you, Millie Janalee, for being such a light!  I pray you continue to shine!
post signature

1 comment:

Joy said...

That first picture of her and Farley is my favorite!! PRICELESS! What fun you are having. mommy!!! My heart smiles everytime I see her sweet face!