Happy Fall Y'all!

Friday, October 12, 2012



I know it has been fall for some time now, but we are just now beginning to feel it here in Mississippi.  These cooler temps make me want to visit a pumpkin patch, start making soups, and pull out the sweaters.  Although, it's still a little too warm for most of that.


Also...before I go any further...let me warn you that I am a first time mother obsessed with my child and there may or may not be way too many pictures on this post.  I just couldn't cut it down any more.  Ha!  If you could only see how many pictures I actually took, you would be glad this is all I chose to share.

Whew!  Glad that's out of the way.



I keep thinking back to this time last year.  I remember Halloween vividly.  Everyone posted pictures of their children dressed as lions, lambs, pumpkins, and cheerleaders.  I remember praying that I would have a little one to dress up the next time Halloween rolls around.  And I do!  Some days it is still hard to believe how beautifully God answered our prayers.  So perfectly timed.  His time.


I think every time a new season begins, I think that it's my favorite season.  I love the changing of the seasons!  It always refreshes me, and gets me excited about what's to come.  So, when the cooler temps started coming around, it was time for a fall photo shoot!  Millie Janalee was less than thrilled at the idea...


But after some time, some snuggles, and a little nap...she came around.


It's so funny...and also a little scary...how old Millie Janalee looks in these pictures!  It's almost like I get a glimpse into what my little girl will look like in a year or two.  These may be some of my favorites yet!  Maybe it's the pumpkins or the way her eyes pop with that turquoise or how cute she looks with a big bow on her head (...which I always said I would never do, by the way!  But, I can't help it.  I've given in to the big bow obsession.).


These pictures are an almost perfect depiction of our little angel's personality!  This next one is my all time favorite!  She can cut her eyes at us, and it is so cute!  See, I told you I was obsessed.  It's okay if you aren't.


One thing I love is that every time I look at this sweet, getting too big, precious, beautiful face...I see God's hand.  I see His plan.  His timing.  His answer to years of praying.  I see how a "no" turned into an "I've got something WAY better!"  This isn't just my daughter.  This is His child that He planned in His time to complete His work in me and you and the hundreds of others touched by Millie Janalee's story.  May God be glorified always!


"...in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.  To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever." 1 Peter 4:11


Who would have ever thought when I was given this crochet owl set...


Who would have thought when I bought these onesies, bibs, and blanket...

(Thanks to Elle for the pictures!)
Who would have thought all those hopes and dreams would now be my precious, spunky baby girl...


Yes, this fall will be different from last.  This fall will be more than any fall I've ever imagined.  This fall, I will enjoy every day thanking God for His provision, His mercy, His wisdom...HIS PLAN!  This fall I will dress up my own little one and take lots of pictures.


In fact, I'll do it twice because I couldn't help but buy two costumes.  When you can't decide...just get them both!  That's my motto.  Ha! 



Happy Fall Y'all!
post signature

3 comments:

Joy said...

She's definetly one of the best things about Fall!! Miss Cutie Patootie is a doll!!!

Unknown said...

I just cry... every time i read your blog.. i just cry. ha Not a bad cry just an overwhelmed by what God does and how powerful he is cry! I am Sheila's sister so i get to hear about Millie Janalee and your family and it gives me chills. So thankful for your example of strength and faithfulness to God through everything.
God bless you and your sweet family!!

Summer said...

She is adorable!! Do you remember when you got that "Worth the Wait" onesie? I love it!