Since our family loves a good party, we decided to keep the celebrations going. My brother-in-law just deservedly received a promotion to the Director of Radiology at our hometown hospital. The director took a position as Vice President and Jeff took her seat. We are all so proud of his hard work and dedication!
You probably don't see much about Jeff on the blog. That's because he's so humble and probably runs away from the camera (Just like his son, Seth, used to do! Ha!). So let me take this opportunity to tell you a bit about the man. Jeff is definitely one of the most humble, kindhearted, compassionate, and fun men I know. He's soft-spoken, but can have lots of FUN! He treats the women in his life with respect and gentleness. He's polite and thoughtful. And he's married to a beautiful, yet moody, woman. Hahaha! I joke, but she is beautiful....and only moody sometimes. [Hehe.] He's married to Russ's sister, Jenny.
Jenny and Elle (the soon-to-be daughter-in-law) texted me this past weekend about planning a surprise dinner for Jeff to celebrate his new promotion. I was on board and immediately began brainstorming themes. There were some great themes thrown out there: big dog, super hero, and more. We narrowed it down to "the one." Radiology King was the theme. Jenny and I sat at her parents' house on Monday morning jotting down ideas for decorations and headgear. For me, headgear is key! And an essential starting place for any party. Don't you agree?
After coming up with lots of ideas, but getting stuck on the banner wording...we called in reinforcements. My sister. She became our third partner in crime for this congratulatory bash.
Jeff LOVES the "Keep Calm and..." things. He has a t-shirt, mug, and sign. He may have more, but that's all I know about. I mentioned the "Keep Calm and..." idea to Jenny, and she immediately finished it "...Lead On!" I know absolutely nothing about the "Keep Calm" stuff, but she knew that the initials were a normal part of it. So, we decided to add the motto to the king's cape and add a few other signs to our royal banquet decor.
Every king needs a throne. While Jenny and I tried to think of a way to get a big throne into the restaurant, Kristin nonchalantly says she can just make one out of poster board to tie to his chair. Well, duh. That's so much easier. See how her brain works? Kristin and I spent the rest of the day shopping for supplies. Then we came home and got busy on the throne, scepter, goblets, beads, rings, and signs.
Jenny had her own projects to keep herself busy! She was in charge of sewing the cape, making the "Keep Calm" banners, baking and decorating the cake, and gluing Jeff's face onto the cartoon king for centerpieces.
She was also left to decorate on Thursday alone, because Kristin and I were unavailable. She and Elle got busy, and they created a room fit for royalty! Radiology royalty. I stopped by to pick up some balloons...because, once again, balloons just say "PAR-TAY" in my opinion. Ha! What do you think? Pretty good looking for a 2-3 day planning and working time frame.
We all arrived at the restaurant around 5:30 to prepare for King Jeffrey's arrival. There were family members, friends, and coworkers in attendance. Everyone enjoyed visiting and looking at the decorations.
King Jeffrey and his queen were to arrive around 6:00. They came through the doors, and Jeff was caught by complete surprise. Take a look at that face. Elle joked that he was gritting his teeth at all the attention that was on him. Ha! Jeff and Russ are probably very similar in the way they handle big embarrassing parties honoring them. Remember Russ's 30th birthday party? Oh my.
![]() |
| Surprise! |
![]() |
| Congratulations! |
![]() |
| Jimmy, Russ's brother, came in right after the surprise. |
And no king can rule effectively without his queen. Kristin and I fixed Jenny up with her own crown and wand...since she's married to royalty now and all.
We enjoyed a yummy dinner full of conversation, laughter, and lots of silly squeals from Millie Janalee. Jimmy brought in Jeff's congratulatory gift. It was actually supposed to be a Christmas gift, but Jimmy said he just couldn't wait. Ha! Apparently, I'm too young to remember Trac Ball. But, according to all the "grown-ups" in the room, it was a popular game back in the day. Ha!
Millie Janalee and Grace had the BEST time! Grace performed and made Millie Janalee giggle and squeal to her little heart's content. I was sure they would both sleep very well Thursday night. I thought Grace may even be a little sore the next day from all the jumping and running tricks she used to get this girl to laugh.
It was a party fit for a king! And we are so happy to celebrate our own king for the night. Congratulations to Jeff!











2 comments:
I need to be invited to at least one of these cool parties one day.
I am so sorry that I missed this grand event! It looks like yall had so much fun!
Post a Comment