The Friday Five {link-up}

Friday, August 9, 2013


Today I'm linking up with Joy for the Friday Five!  It's Friday, y'all!  What have you been up to this week? 

1. {First car}  Millie Janalee and I have been visiting the grandparents a lot the last couple of weeks.  We came in town Wednesday night to visit Susu and Pawpaw.  Yesterday, Susu surprised Millie Janalee with a fun toy she picked up on one of her business trips.  That's right.  Millie Janalee got her very first immobile car!  She loves it, and so do I!  It really is the neatest little thing.  There are all kinds of activities on the doors, and the dashboard is much like a real life dashboard.  She can crank it and push buttons for different songs and engine sounds.  I highly recommend this for your little one too!  Plus, it's so cute to watch her crawl in and out.  She takes after her Auntie Kristin with her driving skills, it seems, as she sat backwards in her new car.


2. {Whole Milk}  At our one year appointment and shots a couple weeks ago, Millie Janalee's doctor told us we could introduce whole milk whenever we were ready.  Let me stop here and say how much I love our pediatrician!  He is so laid back and perfect for me.  I can ask questions and he approaches them like no big deal.  He doesn't stick to strict schedules or timelines.  I love that!  So, when he said it was time for us to start thinking about whole milk I didn't go straight home to do it.  As with everything, I'm taking it slow.  I did try this past week to introduce whole milk in her sippy cup during the day.  She was NOT a fan!  After the suggestion of a friend, I started gradually.  She still takes two bottles - morning and night - and I filled the bottles with half formula and half whole milk.  So far, it has been a success.  I guess I will just gradually work up to filling the bottles with more milk and less formula.  In time.

3. {Love/Hate Relationship} Our sweet puppy.  You know the one.  Our spoiled baby until Millie Janalee came along?  Yes, that one.  Farley has been a pretty good big brother...before Millie Janalee got so "grabby."  Actually, Farley had an injury to his foot (which led to an x-ray) a few weeks ago.  Since that time, he has been super sensitive to Millie Janalee's touch.  It probably didn't help that she grabbed his foot the week of the injury leading to his yelping.  Anyway, he has actually snapped at her a couple times.  He doesn't bite, but he's not a fan of his little sister right now.  He wants to be close to her, but he doesn't want her to touch him.  Kinda like my siblings and I were when we were little, to be honest.  I'm not really sure what to do about this situation.  Millie Janalee loves him so, and he's just not too sure.  So today, I thought it best for them to play through a glass barrier...the back door at Susu and Pawpaw's.


4. {THE ones}  We found "the ones."  THE sippy cups that Millie Janalee loves.  She's a bit picky and only drinks from these Nuk sippy cups.  My mom randomly picked one up forever ago, and it was perfect.  I have since picked up several more at our local Walgreens.  I never could find one anywhere else.  Lately a friend of mine and I have been on the hunt for these sippys and the "big girl sippy".  Nowhere to be found!  She bought all that her local Kmart had, which was two.  Her husband found one in the Tupelo Babies 'R' Us.  And I have found NONE!  I have concluded that these sippys - "THE ones" - are an endangered species.  I suppose I will have to do a little online shopping to acquire some more.


5. {Little Monkey Girl}  Millie Janalee has been described as a monkey a few times.  First of all, she has quite the unique crawl...very monkey-like and difficult to describe.  Ha!  She loves to crawl with one knee and the other foot.  It's the perfect crawl for a girl wearing a dress.  Anyhoo...now she's really started monkeying around in the form of climbing.  We still have her Nap Nanny.  She loves to try to get in it, and I usually lay her baby dolls in it for her to play.  The other night, I looked over to see that she had created a sort of ladder from the said Nap Nanny.  Notice how far from the ground she is.  After this picture, she proceeded to sit straight down...which proved to be much further down than she had anticipated.  Leading to falling backward and DOWN!  I see trouble acomin' our way.  And a few ER trips perhaps?


That pretty much sums up the week of this sweet life of mine.  Head over to The Sowell Life and link up with us!  Tell us about your week.
post signature

4 comments:

Joy said...

Oh SuSu — that car is precious. And the driver makes the car perfect. And, poor Farley. You have to admit though... he's been pretty wonderful throughout this past year. And I'm sure they will have a little understanding soon. Ha! I've never even heard of those sippy cups. And little dare devil.... I can see her taking a gym glass soon. Happy Friday Megan and Millie Janalee! Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend (and I hope her eye gets better). Thanks for linking up today.

Anonymous said...

Try amazon for those sippys! It was the only kind JP liked too!

Unknown said...

I will put up a fight for those sippy cups!! Where are they!!!

Erin said...

We use those same cups! I bought them on Amazon and just buy replacement spouts after they've been chewed on! I was in Kroger earlier this week and spotted one there, for the first time EVER. They are our go to cup as well and we've been using them for over a year!