Hoop Dee Doo for Daddy's 56th Birthday!!!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June 27, 1952 - That is the day Daddy was born! So, in celebration...we went to the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue at Fort Wilderness Lodge, his favorite dinner show in Disney World. I have never been to Disney World when we haven't come to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. It's SO much fun!!! The first time I came with my parents, I was around 5 years old. Daddy was called on stage to play the part of an Indian during part of the show. I loved it!! That's probably part of the reason I still love to go.

Hoop Dee Doo
is a "rip-roaring, rootin', tootin', down home revue." You sing and clap with the Pioneer Hall Players as you eat. It's a musical comedy that leaves you laughing and eating down home food!

As the Pioneer Hall Players were beginning their night of fun, they asked questions to the audience: "Who is celebrating an anniversary? Newlyweds? Birthdays?" Daddy was the only person in the audience with a birthday on the 27th, so he got ALL the attention! I caught part of it on video.



Then, later on in the evening, we were having a competition between the two sides of the dining hall. Our side was supposed to say "toot," and Dolly apparently heard Daddy tooting from across the room! She informed him that he had the best "toot" she'd ever heard.



After this scene, Dolly wasn't finished with Daddy. She just had to run her fingers through his hair! This was hilarious because my dad is so ticky about his hair. In fact earlier in the week, he had a bad hair day and no one told him. He scolded us saying, "If you ever let me go all day with my hair like this..." Now EVERYONE saw his bad hairdo. Ha!As if that wasn't enough!!! I was led onto stage to participate in the "big act" (you know, the one I was telling you about from when I was young...when my dad was the Indian). I was dressed up in a can-can dress and made to dance and say a bad "bear" joke. It was so funny - and embarrassing!

The guy was promising that I wouldn't have to do anything embarrassing! Yeah right!!


This is just a part of the "big act."

Our table was certainly picked on all night! It was SO much fun!! The Pioneer Hall Players do a great job of singing, dancing, and making everyone laugh! They said farewell, and we were on our way!

After Hoop Dee Doo, we went back to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours - park was open until 2:00 am. We rode more rides with ABSOLUTELY NO lines!!! In fact, Russ and Dustin just stayed on Splash Mountain and rode it over and over. It was a fun "catch-up" day at Disney World!


2 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

That is so funny! Way to go on the can can dancing!

Dennis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.