May 13, 2011...that's the day I ordered this onesie. One year and four months ago. I ordered it with all the excitement in the world. I ordered it just after we began our adoption process with Bethany. Three weeks before our first home study interview.
Months passed, and we were officially approved and waiting. I checked the Waiting Families website daily. I saw eight placements happen within two or three weeks of each other. One of the families we remembered from our training. We had eaten lunch with them actually. I was ecstatic! I was hopeful! I was anxious!
![]() |
| "Look into my eyes." |
Two weeks after that beach trip, we received THE CALL! The call that would change our lives forever! Our hearts rejoiced. Our nerves were shot. Our excitement was over the top. Our gratitude was overwhelming!
All those months...and the years prior...were absolutely, positively, unquestionably, without a doubt WORTH THE WAIT! God held her in his arms and gently placed her into ours...forever!
Millie Janalee...
Thankfully, Millie Janalee is game for a photo shoot most any day. Until she is not..
Just a change of headgear can turn her sad eyes blue again!
As I blog about how thankful we are for Millie Janalee. And as I blog about her changes. As I post pictures of her daily...I realize there are still many friends and followers who are still waiting on their little one. Still waiting on God's perfect plan for their growing family. I haven't forgotten you! I will forever have a heart for adoption and those longing to become parents or grow their families. In May 2011, I had absolutely NO idea what God had in store for us! Wow! We are daily, hourly, and even by the minute...in awe of His answer to so many prayers! This journey has forever changed us. And I pray it changes those of you who are in the midst of the journey. He knows what He is doing. Trust Him.
Because it's WORTH THE WAIT!







2 comments:
She is so, so, so adorable! So thankful for God's perfect timing!
Amen and Amen!
We have got to get together and let our little miracles meet!
Post a Comment