For as long as Mariah Carey has sung it, I've loved it! All I Want for Christmas is You! Okay. I've done my research now, and the Christmas hit was recorded in 1994. Fast forward 12 years, and I never knew I would look at this song in such a way. And I'm pretty sure Mariah Carey never meant for her song to be anything more than a fun holiday romance. Ha! In fact, the lyrics suggest that she doesn't care about the lights or the presents...she only wants to be reunited with her lover for Christmas. But me...it meant something different.
Christmas after Christmas came and went, and I still had only one Christmas wish. One real Christmas wish anyway. I wanted to hang another stocking on our mantle. All I wanted for Christmas was a child.
And here we are. 2012 will forever be our first Christmas as parents. Our first Christmas to hang an extra stocking. Our first Christmas to look at the lights and the decorations and the meaning in a whole new way. The wonder of Christmas came to life more than ever this year! Oh, the wonders of His love!
As we break out all Millie Janalee's Christmas outfits, we begin our first Christmas season as a Party of Three...plus Farley, of course! This year, I got my only Christmas wish! Of course, it would be very fun to say Santa gave us our gift early. But, we know Who entrusted us with this precious gift.
Thanks be to God...in whom I place my hope and trust! To God be the glory this year and every year!
It's Christmas y'all! Our baby's FIRST Christmas! Fa la la la la la la la la!






No comments:
Post a Comment