Thankful for Fun Family Days

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Squeals all around!
Sunday, Millie Janalee and I talked Russ into taking us to see Santa.  Russ had to go into the hospital to round and I didn't want to be "that mom" who takes her snotty child to the nursery to spread the germs in the nursery, so we didn't go to church.  Spreading germs with children in line to see Santa was okay, I guess.  Hmmm...now that I see how that looks, I'm contemplating pretending that we actually attended church.  In the spirit of candidness...I'll tell the truth.  We did not.

"Hmmmm...I want a Barbie doll, a pink convertible, and...oh yeah...my mom says I want more diapers."
Millie Janalee was so excited about meeting Santa.  I told her all about how he has a round belly that shakes when he laughs like a bowl full of jelly, a round little nose, and a white beard.  Then I told her the most wonderful part.  I told her about how he slides down the chimney with a sackful of presents for all the good little boys and girls.  She couldn't wait to tell Santa what she wanted for her very first Christmas.

"Oooooooh!  I hope I don't get coal in my stocking!"
We stood in line for quite some time in the courthouse waiting to see Santa.  We were convinced this was the real one!  I mean, his beard was real and everything.  Not one of those helper elves that usually dresses up like Santa to help out during the Christmas season.  I guess all the excitement and waiting wore sweet girl out, because by the time I sat her in Santa's lap she drifted right off to sleep!


Mama and Daddy stepped in to make sure Santa got Millie Janalee's list, since she was asleep.  Of course, we wanted to tell him what was on our list too!  Ha!


On our drive back home, Russ spotted the perfect place to take some fun pictures.  Millie Janalee was in great spirits after her nap in Santa's lap and the temperature was very warm and pleasant, so we stopped and snapped a few. 


I have daydreamed about days like these.  Days spent as a little family.  Looking at these pictures, I feel overwhelmed with God's timing, mercy, and perfection.  How could I have ever doubted?  I want so badly to share a bit of this feeling with so many of you still waiting for your own little piece of perfection.  I want you to feel just a small bit, so that you can know what you're waiting for.  The wait is hard.  I'm sure our next wait will be hard.  But, I can look at this picture of our new life and know that the wait is perfect.

Mama and Millie Janalee
Daddy's girl
 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11


"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11


This life is much different than the way I envisioned it as a young wife (Well, technically, I'm still a young wife.  Ha!  But you get the idea.).  My family has grown in ways far beyond my own dreams.  This life is WAY better!  There is no way I could have dreamed the beauty of this journey.  My prayers evolved over the last 6 years, and God changed my heart.  God changed Russ's heart.  God changed our lives!  He promises that if we delight in Him, He will give us the desires of our hearts.  The thing you need to know is...your desires may change into something perfect.  His perfection.


"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
post signature

No comments: