Thankful for My Lil' Turkey

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Today, I'm thankful for this lil' turkey and anticipating a wonderful first Thanksgiving with her.  As you can see, I'm back to using Russ's "old camera," which became mine once he bought his new one.  I'm not complaining.  I'm just spoiled now.  See?  I told you I would be.


This Thanksgiving is very special for many reasons.  Of course, this Thanksgiving is special because it will be our first Thanksgiving as parents.  My parents' first Thanksgiving as grandparents.  It is also special because, for the first time, all sides of my family plan to spend Thanksgiving together.  That's a total of nearly 20 people.  My sister has been kind enough to host this crazy crew.  If you've ever been to any of the Smith family functions, you will understand why we refer to it as "crazy."  Ha! I'm sure there will be barrels of laughs.  Tons of food consumed.  And lots of hugs and kisses...mostly for Millie Janalee...and my cousin's little girl if she comes.


Russ will be working every other day surrounding Thanksgiving, but we have carved out time to spend with his side of the family on Saturday.  Russ and I are very excited about our first official Johnson family get together since Millie Janalee entered our world.  Lots has changed since that day...mostly her size and shape.  I can't wait to see all the cousins interact with her.  I can't wait for everyone to see Millie Janalee's new tricks...which consist of making noises in the back of her throat and spitting.  She's such a genius!


I'm pretty sure my Black Friday shopping tradition will take a back seat this year as we spend our entire Thanksgiving celebrations in our hometown.  But that's okay.  It's okay, because I will spend my Black Friday sleeping next to my lil' turkey!


I can't wait to wake up Thursday morning and watch the Thanksgiving Day parade as a new little family.  I want to show Millie Janalee all our traditions and hope she likes them as much as I do.  I'm so thankful for so many "firsts" to share and celebrate with Millie Janalee and Russ. 


Yep.  This lil' turkey sure has changed our lives.  And I am SO thankful!
post signature

2 comments:

Joy said...

I love her new little tricks!! =) It will be a wonderful Thanksgiving with my firsts. And I have no fear that there will be tons of pictures for you to share with us. Or let me rephrase that... there BETTER be tons of pictures to share with us! We all Miss Millie Janalee and her sweet parents! Yeah, and her grandparents and aunts and uncles, too!

Joy said...

Sometimes I wonder if anyone can understand anything I write... LOL. That was suppose to say with MANY firsts, and that we all LOVE Miss Millie Janalee! Sorry... I think I'm still asleep... =) But hoepfully you knew what I meant.