On Millie Janalee's eighteenth week of life, I am thankful for great doctors and nurses. Doctors and nurses who genuinely care about their patients and their families. For some reason, my blog won't let me upload my pictures from our four month checkup. I'm sure you won't mind looking at today's pictures instead.
We have been blessed with good health so far. Millie Janalee had a bit of a cold and congestion a couple of weeks ago, and it was no fun. But, I realize how healthy our baby girl is, and I am thankful. Our four month checkup yesterday confirmed it by our "A+" we received from Dr. Phillips.
I'll start out with our four month stats. Millie Janalee weighed in at a whopping 14 pounds 3 ounces...50th percentile. I thought she was a big baby, but it turns out she is average weight. Perfectly perfect. She is, however, 26 inches long...90th percentile. THAT'S why I always think she's such a big girl! She's tall! Her head circumference was in the 75th percentile, so she's got lots going on up there in that noggin. She has hit all her milestones, and Dr. Phillips told us we could start on solids anytime we are ready. Hmmmm...not sure I'm ready for that. He told us to "drag our feet," so I'm thinking we will. Ha! He suggested starting with rice and oatmeal. Then, we will move to fruits and veggies. I'm anxious to see how Millie Janalee reacts to a spoon, but not anxious enough to start today. Ha!
We did get our four month shots yesterday. Break my heart! She had no idea what was coming until...POW! Those needles came one right after the other in those little thunder thighs while Mama and Daddy held her hands up. Her little face scrunched up and turned red as red can be. It was over soon enough. I'd say it was a little easier on me than last time, but it was NOT fun! I hate seeing Millie Janalee looking up at me for help, and I can't do anything to stop those mean needles.
She coped very well with her vaccines yesterday. Susu came into town to bring our Christmas decorations, and Millie Janalee was raring to go! She showed off her squeals and giggles while we decked our halls. This morning was a little traumatic for me. I put my sleeping beauty in her crib so I could shower mid-morning. I stepped out of the shower to a terribly crying episode. Usually, when I walk in the room, she calms down and starts smiling. Not this time. She must have been crying for a while. Her little mouth was clenched shut and her tears were still running. I put her down just so I could at least put a t-shirt on, and you would have thought I was pinching that girl. She seemed warm, so I stripped her down and took her temperature. She was running a little fever, so I went ahead with another dose of Tylenol. We rocked, cuddled, and kissed our way back into a deep sleep. This time, she took a good nap in her crib and woke a happy baby. I haven't taken her temperature again, but I plan to do that in a few minutes.
Hopefully, we are on the up and up. Millie Janalee, Russ, and I are packing up to spend Thanksgiving with family. Russ will be in and out all weekend, but Millie Janalee and I will stay put in our hometown. She is pretty excited about seeing her family...and meeting some of them for the first time!
I hope all of you have a very happy Thanksgiving! Full of friends, family, food, and most importantly...gratitude. I know there are many who are not healthy or do not have close family and friends. I know Thanksgiving is a sad time for many as we miss those who have left us. One of my favorite mottos shared by a dear friend is..."There is always, always, always something to be thankful for." I pray that we all remember the things we do have this year, and be thankful for those things.
As we pack up our car and prepare to kick our feet up with family, friends, food, and football....everyone stay safe and enjoy your celebrations!
As for me and my house? Well...you know what we are extra thankful for this year!
Happy eighteen weeks, Millie Janalee! Enjoy your first Thanksgiving!










No comments:
Post a Comment