I really cannot believe how fast Millie Janalee is growing! Especially the last week or so. We suspected she might be going through a growth spurt with all her fussiness, sleepiness during the day, and hunger. The girl might as well say, "Oink oink." We upped her feedings to 7 ounces with two spoonfuls of rice cereal mixed in every four hours. We added the rice cereal to help with her spitting up, but I know it plays a big part in her thunder thighs. I just now put her down for her third nap, and I realized how different it feels to hold her now. She's so round and filled out. I miss my bitty baby, but I love my sweet roly poly!
Russ has been working nights this week, and it has been so fun having him here during the day. We lounge around and watch Millie Janalee go through her daily routine. I'm sure she's having much more fun with Daddy around. Millie Janalee starts talking around 7 or so in the mornings, and I pick her up and put her little sleeping bag between Russ and me. Then, she talks in her soft, sweet cooing voice while Russ and I stare at her and smile. Eventually she falls back asleep for another hour before we all get up around 8 or so. We've teamed up with Russ changing her diaper while I fix her bottle and get my "nest" ready to feed and rock. Russ goes back to bed while Millie Janalee and I get our morning started. It's been so nice! Once Russ gets up and going, he mans the camera for Millie Janalee's daily photo shoots. Ha! Can you tell he's been using his new camera? I'm officially spoiled now. Again.
Having Russ home during the day gives me even more time to reflect on how wonderful these past 17 weeks have been. Tears, smiles, giggles, coos, screams, poopy diapers, spit up, and squeals. All of it is absolutely amazing! Every change is so fun! I'm thankful for a healthy, growing girl!
Happy Seventeen Weeks, sweet girl!



No comments:
Post a Comment