It's November. We are instructed to give thanks always...in all circumstances. But this month, especially, we are all reminded to reflect on giving thanks. Russ and I have SO many reasons to be thankful. We always have, but Millie Janalee brings such overwhelming thanksgiving in our hearts each day. What did we ever do to deserve such a privilege. The answer is nothing. We feel so unworthy of God's blessings. We are so thankful for His plan, His mercy, His blessings...including the trials, and His love. Things may not have always gone our way, but now we know that He was working on something way better. There are times when we may never know His plan, but we know His plan is not only good. It is better. Thankful this year for the incredible lesson He is teaching us about trusting Him. 'Tis SO sweet to trust in Jesus!
Today, I am thankful for this sweet girl's "Auntie love." Millie Janalee has three amazing aunts who probably have carpet burns on their knees from kneeling to pray for her over the last few years. Aunts who still lift her sweet name to our Father. Aunts who love to spoil, baby talk, and want pictures of every new trick or outfit.
Being an aunt has been one of the greatest joys for me. I have been an aunt for the last seven years, and I enjoy being "Aunt Megan" to many more...like their friends. Ha! You can look back at how much fun I have being Aunt Megan. It has been such fun watching my sister become an aunt for the first time!
Auntie Kristin loves Millie Janalee to pieces and surely enjoys spoiling her sweet. I never have to worry about Millie Janalee's wardrobe or lack of cute outfits. Auntie Kristin has it under control. I have visions of future years when these two will most definitely get into some big trouble at the mall. I'm thinking Auntie Kristin may show Millie Janalee how to make and ice the yummy teacake cookies she makes. I'm pretty sure she'll paint her fingernails all sorts of funky colors. And I'm willing to bet Millie Janalee will know what's "in" with each coming season of fashion.
Yep. These two girls are little divas, and it is sure to only get worse. Or maybe the word is better. Auntie Kristin has already begun her "Little Diva Training," and it is a joy to watch.
Now, the goal is to raise this 'Lil Diva to be a sweet and polite little girl with a genuine heart for her Father and for others. I'm praying that the love shown to her from her three aunts...and from everyone else...will lead her to love others deeply and well. She has some pretty great role models!
So today, I'm thankful for auntie love!

Today, I am thankful for this sweet girl's "Auntie love." Millie Janalee has three amazing aunts who probably have carpet burns on their knees from kneeling to pray for her over the last few years. Aunts who still lift her sweet name to our Father. Aunts who love to spoil, baby talk, and want pictures of every new trick or outfit.
Being an aunt has been one of the greatest joys for me. I have been an aunt for the last seven years, and I enjoy being "Aunt Megan" to many more...like their friends. Ha! You can look back at how much fun I have being Aunt Megan. It has been such fun watching my sister become an aunt for the first time!
Auntie Kristin loves Millie Janalee to pieces and surely enjoys spoiling her sweet. I never have to worry about Millie Janalee's wardrobe or lack of cute outfits. Auntie Kristin has it under control. I have visions of future years when these two will most definitely get into some big trouble at the mall. I'm thinking Auntie Kristin may show Millie Janalee how to make and ice the yummy teacake cookies she makes. I'm pretty sure she'll paint her fingernails all sorts of funky colors. And I'm willing to bet Millie Janalee will know what's "in" with each coming season of fashion.
Yep. These two girls are little divas, and it is sure to only get worse. Or maybe the word is better. Auntie Kristin has already begun her "Little Diva Training," and it is a joy to watch.
Now, the goal is to raise this 'Lil Diva to be a sweet and polite little girl with a genuine heart for her Father and for others. I'm praying that the love shown to her from her three aunts...and from everyone else...will lead her to love others deeply and well. She has some pretty great role models!
So today, I'm thankful for auntie love!






1 comment:
The best practice to be a mommy is being an auntie!!! ;)
Post a Comment