It's election day in our country, and I was proud to exercise my privilege and my duty to vote for the leaders of our great country. As I pulled out of the parking lot, my mind kept going to thanksgiving. I am so thankful for this opportunity. I thought about friends of mine who have fought for my rights. I am so thankful for the men and women, including my friends, who literally lost life and limb to protect my freedom. I immediately picked up my phone to text a dear friend and let her know my heart. Cheesy as it may be.
Millie Janalee experienced her first presidential election too as she joined me on my election outing. Things are different this year. This year, I'm voting not only for me, but for the future of my daughter. This year I understand, more than any other, my responsibility as a parent and citizen of America. This year I feel the burden of not "voting my values" but I will "vote God's principals." At this time, our country needs Jesus!
I'm prayerful that things will go my way, but I am at peace no matter what. I'm so thankful that my hope does not rest in the president of the United States. My hope rests in my Heavenly Father! No matter the results, God is still God. Yesterday, today, and forever. Whoever our leader, I will pray for him. I will pray that God's will be done. And I will pray for our country. I will pray that our nation will humble ourselves and pray, seek His face, and turn from our wicked ways. Because only then will God hear us from Heaven. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him." Psalm 62:5
After voting, Millie Janalee and I stopped by The Square Cupboard to pick out our Christmas card and do a little Christmas shopping. We were so happy to run into one of Millie Janalee's tiny friends, Ann Phillips, and her mommy. Ann Phillips and Millie Janalee really know how to rock the double names! They are such sweet little shoppers and, obviously, 'lil socialites already!



No comments:
Post a Comment