Thankful for College Football

Sunday, November 4, 2012

How does she look so grown here?!
Today, I'm thankful for college football.  Yes.  Even after yesterday's game.  There's really no explanation needed after my last post about Mississippi State football.  We love this time of year!  Things get busy and in full swing starting with football season!  It has been such fun introducing Millie Janalee to the excitement of Mississippi State game days!


Yesterday, we traveled to Starkville for an early 11:00 game against Texas A&M.  I've been one of those obnoxious SEC fans who thinks A&M and Missouri need to be initiated into the SEC.  I wanted every SEC opponent to show up and show them what it means to be a part of the SEC.  I haven't kept up with their games or records.  I just knew we were hoping for a good game after that Alabama debacle. 


I packed for a cool game...seeing as how the temperature has been in the 40's nearly all week.  Except as the week progressed, I noticed the forecast predicting warmer and warmer highs.  Until it stopped at 82!  So, Millie Janalee had this cute long sleeve onesie with her little denim skirt from Auntie Kristin that I packed for her to wear.  I decided to forgo the leggings, and I decided the long sleeves would protect her arms from the sun.  I took her into the game after a short stroll to the bookstore in her new big girl stroller Susu bought.  I waited to put her headphones on since it was so warm.  Mistake.  I wasn't anticipating the flyover, and the best I could do was squeeze my hands against both ears while her eyes looked as big as I've seen them.  Ha!  Bless her!  We quickly decided it was time for the headphones and Paw Paw's baseball cap to keep the sun out of her eyes.  It was at that point, she drifted off to sleep.

Sleepy Bulldog baby!
Thankfully Paw Paw bought two extra tickets this year for Millie Janalee, because she used them both!  Russ wasn't able to join us for this game, so we still had a little extra room to move around.  The game was anything but exciting.  It was quite depressing to be honest.  Millie Janalee was unimpressed and just couldn't take it anymore after halftime...

This pretty much sums up how we all felt at that point.
Susu took her strolling around campus while the rest of us stayed to torture ourselves with the leftover plays.  Since we didn't tailgate, [I know.  Everyone can let out a collective gasp at this time.] we all decided to eat in Starkville before heading home.  It was a delightful day in Starkvegas even if it did end with a pretty bad loss.

The positives?  I liked the new uniforms.  I enjoyed getting some much needed sun on these snow white arms.  Millie Janalee looked extra cute.  And Bulldog fans are still Bulldog fans when we lose.  We are no fairweather fans.  We really haven't had a chance to be.  Ha!  Bulldog fans are loyal to the end.  We cheer through the wins, and we cheer through the losses.  We may be disappointed, but once the loss wears off, #webelieve again just in time for the next game.  Which just so happens to be LSU.  At LSU.

See?  How is that not loyalty?  Thankful for the fun and excitement college football brings!
post signature

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I love that stroller! What kind is it?

Megan said...

I'm not sure, but she got it at Walmart for $25.