Today is a special day in our little family. Millie Janalee is sixteen weeks old! I wish I had a special day every week like she does. I wonder how many weeks old I am. It's also a big day, because we are getting ready to take a girl's trip to visit some sweet friends. I am so thankful for friendships!
Friendships are a gift from God. More importantly "safe friends" are even more special and rare. I have lots of friends, but I have very few "safe friends." The deepest friendships are those that need no words or explanation. They have my back, they lift me in prayer, and they don't need me to call everyday to remain close. I have been so blessed by my sweet friends over the years. From my very first friends to my newest ones. I am thankful for them all!
Friendships are fun! We typically befriend those who enjoy our company and vice versa. It isn't until they are with you in the hard times that you realize just how much those friendships mean. During our six years of struggling to become parents, I was able to grasp true friendship and learn who my "safe friends" were. When we finally began sharing our struggle, my friends were faithful with an encouraging word, understanding, and compassion. My friends have cried with me and cried for me. My friends have hugged me. My friends have challenged me. And my friends have prayed for me. My friends made this journey easier.
My prayer for Millie Janalee is that God will place strong Christian friendships in her little life. I pray that she makes friends easily, and I pray that she is a "safe friend" to others. I pray that she have friends that laugh together, play together, and pray together.
As I watch Millie Janalee continue to grow, and as I have watched her grow during these short sixteen weeks...I am prayerful for her future. I'm prayerful that I am being a strong example of a good friend, wife, and mother. I know I'm an imperfect one. But I pray she find the good things she sees and emulates those.
These last sixteen weeks have been the greatest weeks of life so far! Happy Sixteen Weeks, sweet girl! Now, let's go meet some of my dearest friends.
I'm thankful for these friendships!


No comments:
Post a Comment